- Sorrel pies are quite widespread, but it should be recognized that sorrel is rarely the only filling – usually something is added to it (other herbs, meat, eggs, etc.) Cooking time: 90 min;
- Servings: 20;
- Kcal: 450;
- Proteins / Fats / Carbohydrates: 25 g / 10 g / 45 g.
Sorrel is one of those products that can be used both in the preparation of hot dishes and in the preparation of sweet desserts. Due to its excellent taste, this product has won its popularity in the cuisines of a number of nations..
DIY sorrel pies
The most common are sorrel and egg baked pies. Their baking is not complicated, and they are hearty and high-calorie. Some people also cook fried pies with sorrel, but fried pies are more unhealthy. The recipe for fried sorrel pies is quite simple, so it will not be given.
The recipes for making sorrel patties are different. There are a large number of methods for preparing such pies.
There are also sweet pies, which are high in calories and perfectly complement tea or milk..
Below are recipes for making baked sweet pies and with an egg.
It’s worth starting with making pies with an egg, so for 20 pieces you will need:
- Dry yeast – 1 sachet;
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs for the dough, 4-7 pcs for the filling;
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon;
- Salt – 2-3 teaspoons;
- Sour cream – 200 grams (fat content 15-20%);
- Flour – 0.5 kg;
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon;
- Milk – 50 grams;
- Sorrel – 4-5 bunches
To make sweet sorrel patties, you will need the same ingredients for the dough, and add to the filling:
- Sugar (about 1-1.5 teaspoons per 1 pie).
- You will also need more sorrel.
- Mint – for aroma and refreshing taste. Added at will. Cinnamon – ¼-1/2 teaspoon for 1 pie.
Next, we will describe the recipe, sorrel pies, both sweet and with an egg.
Making egg patties
You should start cooking with the dough. It should be noted in advance that the described dough recipe is suitable both for making sweet pies and for ordinary.
Recipe step by step:
- Initially, it is necessary to heat the milk to a temperature of 50 degrees. The milk should be heated evenly. Yeast is added to it, stirred and the milk is set aside to infuse for about 20 minutes.
- Next, a couple of eggs are beaten (for dough). Salt, sugar (all that is for the dough) is put in the beaten eggs. Everything is thoroughly mixed and sour cream with settled milk with yeast is added. This mixture is stirred until smooth and olive oil is poured into it..
- Milk is gradually added to the resulting mixture and mixed thoroughly. The appearance of flour lumps should be excluded – this will lead to a deterioration in the quality of the dough.
- The resulting dough is placed in a saucepan, covered with a warm and damp towel and placed in a warm place. After the dough has risen for the first time, it should be kneaded and left for the second rise..
- While waiting for the dough, you should prepare the filling. To do this, boil 5-10 eggs in a steep one. They are cleaned and cut into small squares. You also need to prepare sorrel. It is fried with salt in a hot frying pan for 1-1.5 minutes – so that it sinks. To it, if desired, you can add green onions. Parsley and other herbs.
- Then the dough is removed and divided into approximately 20 equal shares. Roll out each slice, apply the filling (about 2 tablespoons to 1) and form a pie.
- The resulting pies are coated with an egg and laid out on baking paper (in a baking container). Then they are covered with a cloth or paper and allowed to rise. In this case, it is important to warm up the oven to 200 degrees (10-15 minutes).
- A container with pies is placed in a preheated oven and left for 15-20 minutes until golden brown appears..
Sweet sorrel patties
Making sweet cakes is quick and easy. The dough for them is prepared in the same way as in the previous case, the only difference is the filling..
Sweet sorrel baked goods are not only healthy, but also tasty enough
So it is required:
- Sorrel is fried in a hot skillet for about 1 minute (no need to add salt or sugar).
- You can add mint or lemon balm to the sorrel.
- The filling is done like this – 2-3 tablespoons of sorrel + 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
That’s how, quickly and easily, you can make delicious pies. This delicacy will be both hearty and healthy..
Sorrel pies recipes: recipe step by step with photo
Pour flour into a large container, add the required portion of kefir, oil, salt, sugar and soda Knead the dough and leave it for an hour to come up We select fresh sorrel, wash it and dry it. After that, cut the greens into small pieces. Put the filling in the finished dough and form future pies Lubricate a baking sheet with vegetable oil and cover with parchment paper. Carefully lay out the formed pies We send a baking sheet with pies to an oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes Sorrel patties are ready. Bon Appetit!