A properly designed kitchen project will allow you to use every centimeter of space rationally. Renovation is a great opportunity to bring your ideas to life. In order to make the kitchen cozy and functional, it is not enough just to update the walls and install new furniture – it is important to approach the process more seriously and comprehensively..
Where to start a kitchen design project
Do not be afraid to deviate from the path of the classics and use complex forms, because today we will carry out almost any project However, such an interior will not be individual, and there is no guarantee that it will suit your kitchen. You can create a kitchen interior yourself. Even a non-professional can make a design project. In order for the design project to be completed with high quality, it is necessary to clearly follow certain stages and know all the nuances that will help in creating a unique interior. To clearly see what the interior of the house will be like, it is worth making a drawing of the future renovation. A design project is a series of activities that ultimately lead to sketching and improving the design of a home. The most important thing in this process is your ideas and desires..
Before you start designing a design project, you must go through the following steps:
- making measurements of the kitchen at home;
- consideration of the basic rules for the placement of furniture and equipment;
- choice of color solutions for the interior;
- selection of lighting devices;
- selection of building materials;
- creation of a design project.
Taking measurements of the kitchen
The project should be created from the initial stage – taking measurements of the kitchen. This stage is performed independently with the help of a tape measure. On a piece of paper, draw the kitchen of your home, showing windows, doors and structural elements, the location of which cannot be changed. It is necessary to measure the main dimensions and the distance between all elements. All dimensions are applied to the drawing. After that you can start creating a project.
Basic rules for placing furniture and appliances
You can foresee options for rearranging furniture in the kitchen in advance, so that in the future you can regularly refresh the interior in this way.If you decide to make repairs with your own hands, you need to know the basic rules for arranging furniture, as well as household appliances in the kitchen:
- For the correct placement of household appliances, you should use the “kitchen triangle” rule. When creating an interior with your own hands, remember that this triangle should be made up of a stove, refrigerator and sink..
- When doing repairs in the kitchen with your own hands, special attention should be paid to the arrangement of furniture. There are five types of furniture arrangement: L-shaped and U-shaped, parallel and in one line, as well as island. It should be remembered that the island arrangement of furniture is only suitable for large kitchens. In the arrangement of furniture, you can use your ideas and feel free to experiment.
- It is not recommended to place the refrigerator near a gas stove.
- The cabinet in which the storage of cutlery is planned is recommended to be installed near the sink. Thus, you will be able to compose a functional headset.
First of all, the elements that are tied to communications are applied to the drawing. And only after this is done, you can start creating a sketch, on which you should first draw a refrigerator, sink and stove, and then the furniture of the lower row. You can also draw the places where the washing machine and dishwasher will be installed. This will be the next and important step in creating a kitchen interior design project for your home..
Choosing a color scheme for the kitchen
The color of the kitchen, perhaps, is the main feature of every kitchen, so the choice must be approached with all seriousness, having previewed hundreds of options.. The first rule of kitchen decor – use of 2-3 primary colors. The main colors directly depend on the chosen style in which the room is decorated. For example, for the Provence style, pastel colors are suitable, for the avant-garde style – red, black, white. In order to create a cozy and comfortable kitchen yourself, you can use one basic tone, and you can place interesting accents with the help of bright decorative elements.
If you decide to do the interior decoration with your own hands, choose the main color for the walls, and additional colors for the decor elements, which will be combined with each other or will be contrasting. For example, if the color of the walls is yellow, the furniture can be brown or a few tones lighter than the walls. If the color of the walls is white, choose dark blue or black furniture. Bright accents in the room will be original decor elements that will be combined with the overall interior of your home kitchen. Feel free to bring your ideas to life and the result will pleasantly surprise you.
Choice of lighting fixtures
Lighting with pure white light will make the kitchen wider, and warm colors can add a little coziness. In order to embody creative and interesting ideas, it is not enough to choose the color of the walls and furniture. Proper lighting plays an important role in interior decoration.. In order to properly design the placement of lighting fixtures, you need to know the basic techniques:
- When creating a design project, special attention should be paid to lighting the work area and the area in which food is taken. As a rule, chandeliers and lamps are used to illuminate the kitchen..
- Recessed lights are best used above the work area to direct the light. The light that diffuses from the chandelier is ideal for dining table lighting.
- If you have chosen light colors to decorate the walls, then you should not take a chandelier with a lot of lamps. In this case, light rays will already be reflected from the walls, making the room brighter..
- No more than three light sources should be installed to illuminate the kitchen.
- After you have decided on the location of the lighting fixtures, you can safely design the location of switches and sockets..
Selection of building materials
It is advisable to combine materials in the kitchen, and not only their colors, but also their texture To decorate the kitchen interior with your own hands, you should choose materials that can be washed. To carry out repairs for the walls, choose moisture-resistant wallpaper or paints, for the floor – tiles, linoleum or laminate, for the ceiling – stretch canvas, plastic or tiles.
Basic rules when choosing a material:
- The floor is recommended to be made of materials that have a smooth surface..
- The kitchen floor can be made both combined and of the same type..
- If the floor is tiled, choose tiles with a matte surface so that it does not slip..
- Use latex paint for walls.
- The surface of the walls in the area of the work surface is best tiled with tiles or mosaics..
After all the nuances have been resolved, you can create a design project with your own hands. If you can draw a sketch showing all the details, make a smaller copy of your dream kitchen. If you don’t know how to draw, use special software. With the help of the program, you can create a sketch that will depict creative interior ideas. Thanks to the 3D program, you can create several interior options and choose the best renovation option. Having made a design project with your own hands, you can take the drawing with you to a furniture store or to a store of building materials for your home and pick up everything you need with maximum accuracy.
Marble surfaces can be painted both with your own hands and with the help of a designer The countertops of the work area or bar of rough processing will make the interior more "alive" and stylish
To create a design project with your own hands is the first investment in repairing your home. You can embody all your ideas in the interior and then enjoy your creation. Do not be afraid to add decorative elements to the interior that will become the highlight of your kitchen..
Kitchen design projects (photo)