- Delicious chicken liver pancakes can be added to almost any side dish Cooking time: 30 minutes;
- Servings: 4;
- Kcal: 150.5;
- Protein / Fat / Carbohydrate: 16g / 4.9g / 10.5g.
Chicken liver is a nutritious and healthy product, which contains many vitamins and substances necessary for the body. For those who care about the calorie content of the food they consume, this is an excellent option that helps feed the whole family and at the same time avoid the convulsive calculation of the energy value of the dish. Chicken liver pancakes are quite simple to make, and there are several options for their preparation..
Chicken Liver Pancakes: Helpful Cooking Tips
In order for the planned dish to turn out really tasty, it is necessary to follow some recommendations and rules for their preparation. And special attention should be paid to the main product – chicken liver..
When buying the main component of pancakes, you need to pay attention to the appearance of the liver. It should be fresh, shiny, and have a burgundy color. If there are any stains or gray bloom on its surface, and the product itself also smells unpleasant, it is better to refuse to purchase..
In order for the cooked liver pancakes not to be too greasy, they must be dried with a regular paper napkin.
Some tricks for making liver pancakes:
- To remove the bitterness of the product, before using it, you can pour it over with boiled water (or just rinse it), and then soak it in milk for a couple of hours;
- Using onions when cooking a dish makes it juicy and gives a delicious aroma;
- To keep the pancakes in shape and not fall apart throughout the pan, add flour, rice, eggs to the minced meat;
- If you put a baking powder in the minced meat, the pancakes will be more fluffy and tender;
- After frying, the pancakes can be spread out on paper towels so that they absorb excess fat..
Remembering these little things, you can make your food more wholesome and tasty..
The easiest recipe: how to make chicken liver pancakes
If you do not want to think long and tinker in the kitchen, you can choose the classic recipe for making pancakes from the liver. It won’t make them worse.
The composition of the products required for this dish:
- Liver – half a kilogram;
- Wheat flour – four tablespoons full;
- The egg is one piece;
- Sour cream with a low percentage of fat – three to four tablespoons;
- Onions – two medium-sized heads;
- Seasonings and salt to taste.
The process of cooking pancakes step by step:
- First, the liver needs to be flushed, to get rid of the film and possible streaks. Then “pass” it through a meat grinder, combining with onions. You can do it in a blender.
- Add pre-beaten raw eggs, sour cream, flour and seasonings to the resulting mass. Salt. The dough should be of normal medium consistency..
- A frying pan with butter is heated and then pancakes are laid out on it. You can use a spoon for this..
The finished pancakes have a well-done brown crust. The main thing is not to dry them out..
Diet chicken liver pancakes with carrots
To make liver pancakes with carrots, you don’t need a lot of food. Everything is prepared quickly and easily.
Making diet pancakes with liver and carrots is easy. This will require a small amount of food and a minimum of time.
- Chicken liver – half a kilogram;
- Raw carrots – one medium thing;
- Bow – one medium head;
- Chicken egg – one;
- Pepper, salt, favorite spices – according to taste.
The liver, well washed and cleaned of veins and film, is “spinning” in a meat grinder or crushed in a blender along with carrots and onions.
Eggs and seasonings are added to the mixture. The mass is salted and peppery, and then stirred until a lump-free mixture is obtained. Actually, that’s all. It remains to fry pancakes.
If a lot of liquid appears during the preparation of minced meat, you need to get rid of it..
Tender chicken liver pancakes with semolina
Chicken liver fritters with the addition of semolina are very tender and juicy.
To prepare such a dish you will need:
- Chicken liver – half a kilogram;
- Semolina – 100 grams;
- Chicken egg – one piece;
- Flour – 50 grams;
- Bow – one head;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
The cooking recipe is as follows:
- The liver and onions are scrolled in a meat grinder;
- Beat a raw egg with a fork or whisk and add to the mass;
- The mixture of the minced chicken obtained is salted and peppery;
- Semolina and sifted flour are added;
- All ingredients are thoroughly mixed so that you get a not thick mass, without lumps;
- You can start frying pancakes.
Remember that semolina tends to swell and increase the size of the dish. Therefore, the pancakes will turn out to be lush and juicy..
Delicious chicken liver pancakes with rice
Rice is an ingredient that can be added to so many dishes. Pancakes made from chicken liver are no exception..
The composition of the dish:
- Chicken liver – 650 grams;
- Raw egg – one;
- Flour – 100 grams;
- Bow – 1 medium head;
- Boiled rice – 1 glass;
- Seasonings and salt – according to taste.
- Onions and liver are rolled through a meat grinder;
- Rice is boiled, cooled and then mixed with minced meat;
- Flour, beaten raw egg, seasonings, and then salt are added;
- The resulting mixture is laid out in a well-heated frying pan and fried on both sides for about three to four minutes.
It is better to use parboiled rice. In this case, it will not stick together, but will be crumbly. If desired, it can be replaced with oatmeal or pearl barley..
Chicken liver fritters for children: a simple recipe
When preparing food for children, the emphasis should be placed on the beneficial properties of the food consumed, and also make sure that the dish is easy on the stomach and does not harm the baby. But this does not mean that it will not be possible for the child to cook delicious food. Chicken liver oladics can be given to a little man if you cook them correctly.
Delicious and tender chicken liver pancakes will surely please both adults and children
In order to make liver pancakes you will need:
- Liver – 200 grams;
- One medium onion;
- Wheat flour – 60 grams;
- One chicken egg;
- Pepper and salt.
It all starts, as in the previous versions, with twisting the liver together with onions in a meat grinder or chopping in a blender.
Then salt, an egg are added and flour is gradually mixed in. The dough should have a thin, medium density.
Next, each pancake is poured with a spoon or ladle into a hot frying pan with vegetable oil and fried on each side.
Pancakes prepared in this way are lush, juicy and very tasty for kids..
You can specially process already cooked pancakes in the oven. To do this, onions and carrots are sautéed in a frying pan, rubbed on a medium grater, and then laid out on a baking sheet in layers. Each layer is sprinkled with cooked vegetables. Then the mold is covered with foil and placed in the oven at 180C for about 10-15 minutes. Pancakes are ready.
Summing up, we can say that chicken liver pancakes are a delicious and nutritious dish that can be consumed both for breakfast and dinner. They are good not only hot but also cold. Pancakes can be served with a variety of vegetables, herbs and side dishes: pasta, potatoes, stewed cabbage. Or you can just put it on a plate and add a little sour cream. Even in such a simple frame, they will not lose their taste..
Chicken liver pancakes: recipe step by step with photo
To prepare the pancakes, you should take a high-quality liver, clean it of veins, pass it through a meat grinder or grind it in a blender Add eggs, a little flour, salt and spices to the resulting mass to taste It is necessary to add flour until the mass becomes medium thick. Then you should heat a frying pan with vegetable oil and put the pancakes on it one by one. Fry liver pancakes in a pan until golden brown Well-done pancakes can be placed on a large platter just before serving. Bon Appetit!