Crazy is a rather unusual trend in needlework patchwork For patchwork, crazy patchwork is considered a rather strange phenomenon. Indeed, in translation from English, the word “crazy” is translated as “crazy” or “crazy”. This technique assumes the absence of precise rules and adherence to the rules of geometry. Therefore, you should understand how to sew in this style..
Crazy patchwork and its history
Initially, patchwork appeared in England. Gradually he penetrated into other countries and gained his popularity. Specifically, the crazy patchwork appeared almost simultaneously with the traditional one. However, the goals and objectives of these styles are completely different. If the usual look of this style was intended to save expensive fabrics, then the crazies were invented more for beauty. Most likely, this is why such a name was received for him, because in their right mind no one just used up expensive fabrics.
Crazy patchwork was founded more for aesthetic than practical reasons
Patchwork in Japan developed separately from Europe. Silk fabrics were expensive, clothes such as kimonos were expensive, so they were inherited. Patchwork in Japan was primarily symbolic..
Today, many artists work in the patchwork crazy style. They create real works of art and constantly conduct educational lessons for beginners. For example, a textile artist from Canada named Kirsten Chursinoff. The girl creates simply stunning pictures in this style. At the same time, she never fully knows what she will get in the end. For her, even the smallest scraps are room for creativity. Each of her paintings is unique and amazing in its own way..
Kirsten Chursinoff is the first artist who began her work in this direction All the works of Kirsten Chursinoff do not allow you to take your eyes off, and are unique in their kind
Crazy patchwork combines both Eastern and Western traditions. From ordinary art, it turned into decorative and popular handicraft..
Crazy patchwork appeal
Crazy patchwork is attractive with moments such as:
- sewing results evoke extremely positive emotions;
- sewing is very fast;
- you can select fabrics from various materials.
Essential materials for a crazy patchwork
A traditional patchwork can be considered almost finished. In crazy patchwork, the sewn patches only signify the beginning of work. The difference, both in the choice of materials and in the technique of execution.
For example, the differences may be as follows:
- masking of seams under a chain, goat or goose foot;
- combination of seams with lace, ribbons, decorative fittings and braid.
Crazy patchwork style has found its way into surface finishing Today, crazy quilt is not only a trend in needlework
As a result, beautiful, graceful and, most importantly, unusual canvases are obtained. Hence the so-called “madness”.
For manufacturing, the following tools and materials are needed:
- decorative fittings,
- scraps of fabric in various sizes and colors,
- embroidery thread,
- sewing machine,
Do-it-yourself panel for the kitchen using the crazy technique (video)
Cut fabrics in crazy patchwork
Initially, in crazy patchwork, you need to work with fabric of the same density and patches of the desired geometric shape. To do this, in the center of the base, you need to put that flap, which is the most “wrong”. It will need to be secured with pins and sewn around the edges. The second flap is applied to the first flap and sewn again. The rest of the sewing is done in the same way. After that, it can be decorated..
Crazy blocks can be used for sewing clothes and accessories
Crazy patchwork master class
Patchwork, like any work, is done in stages:
- All the necessary materials and various decorations are collected. The main thing is that everything should be kept in a single color scheme..
- Pieces of wallpaper are used for the pattern. Let’s say in this master class a pillow should be obtained. This means that the pattern must be done like this: first, draw a square of the required size and divide it into several equal parts. A duplicate is made from the second piece. Next, you need to draw a similar pattern and mark it for the necessary parts. Pattern – the duplicate is cut and stowed away. The main pattern is divided into small parts that need to be signed.
- Take a regular paper sheet as a draft. It draws up a project for the future product. After it is drawn up, a pattern is made..
- After cutting, all the pieces are folded in the form of the required product. This is necessary in order to find out how the product itself will look, and see what flaws there are.
Crazy patchwork does not require drawing up patterns and diagrams Sewing napkins using this technique does not take much time.
- All colors of braid and lace are applied to the required places. Everything you need is left, and what does not fit is removed until better times.
- Next, the master class goes like this – you need to sew all the pieces together.
- Now the second main pattern is taken and applied to the rags. The pattern is outlined with a marker, everything unnecessary is cut off in it. All major parts are sewn together. The seams are ironed out. The cloth is measured and cut.
- Now you can start decorating. To do this, you can take threads – floss of various colors and apply imagination.
- The master class ends with sewing the product itself.
Crazy quilt for beginners, master class (video)
Master class on sewing a children’s vest from scraps of denim fabrics in the patchwork style
To make a crazy patchwork kids vest, you need to go through a few simple steps. The master class is as follows:
- the flaps are collected into a single canvas;
- the main canvas is decorated with beautiful materials;
- the vest itself is sewn from the finished parts.
Crazy patchwork ornament
Ornament in this style is collected on a cotton basis. For this, small shreds are used, which have straight cuts..
Crazy-style products can significantly transform the interior
The assembly sequence is as follows:
- With the help of pins, the first flap is fixed on the base, which must be slightly displaced relative to the center of the main flap.
- The second flap is applied face to face, after aligning the edges.
- The second flap is pulled back to the main one, ironed on and secured with pins.
- Excess tissue is cut along the line of the second piece.
- For the rest of the patches, everything written above is carried out..
- There are flaps that are too small in size and cannot be cut along the line. In this case, the excess tissue from the corner of the lower flap is cut to one of the adjacent corners of the sewn flap. After that, we can assume that the ornament is ready.
DIY Crazy Patchwork Cosmetic Bag (video)
The patchwork crazy style is very interesting from a creative point of view. Many interesting products are made from it. Now you also have such an opportunity.!