Organza is a transparent thin material made on the basis of viscose, polyester or silk, by twisting two fibers. Among the entire huge range of curtains, a rather modest organza has held the leading position for many years. The good thing about organza is that it will be convincing in a traditional interior, both in an unusual and in the most modern.
This lightweight fabric can be put into virtually any position, which affects the final design. The easiest way to do this is using grabs..
Organza curtains: features
What is organza anyway? It is at the same time thin, transparent fabric and tough. It was this combination of seemingly incongruous that ensured the popularity of organza. It is made from silk, polyester, viscose, organza can be twisted from two fibers.
Today, by the way, organza is used not only to create curtains; it is also used to make evening dresses, show suits, and various kinds of gift wrapping. A good feature of the fabric is that it is easy to decorate it with the same embroidery, you can apply a drawing, ornament, photo printing to the organza.
Delicate shiny organza – accent of your interior
If you have purchased organza curtains, they will have the following properties:
- In the sun, organza shimmers, creating beautiful external effects, the fabric shines with a delicate silvery shade;
- High strength;
- Low tissue crease;
- Resistant to solvents.
It is very difficult to find today organza curtains, which are made on the basis of only silk. Most of the curtains are made from polyester fibers, which also affects the price – such an organza will cost significantly less. At the same time, polyester synthetic fiber has many advantages. Modern technologies make it possible to create both opacity and light transmission.
Organza lets in a lot of light and fits perfectly into the interior
As for the types of organza, today you can often find:
- Crushed organza;
- Organza with spraying;
- Organza-rainbow with a transition of colors;
- Organza Chameleon.
Naturally, you can purchase organza yourself and sew the curtains yourself. Organza for curtains, as a rule, is inexpensive, tailoring is quite simple.
Light and transparent organza curtains (video)
How to sew organza tulle with your own hands: stages of work
First, flip through the photos on the Internet to choose the design of the future organza curtain. There are very simple options, but there are, for example, with a lambrequin. Lambrequin is a decorative detail on the top that makes the curtain more pompous, representative.
To sew organza curtains, you will need: a sewing machine, organza itself, threads, scissors, a centimeter, curtain tape.
The process of sewing curtains looks like this:
- Having decided on the design of the future product, you need to calculate the size of the curtain. And that means – to understand how much tissue is required. Tulle, for example, is always taken two, or even two and a half times more than the width of the window. Consider what type of organza you are using, for some and a half width will be enough.
- There is some difficulty in working with organza – trimming the edges. Exactly to do this is almost impossible. Therefore, the edges will definitely have to be processed additionally, which means that do not forget about the seam allowances of two to four centimeters. At the bottom, the curtain is most often bordered with an oblique inlay..
- Bend the curtain at the top and sew (if using curtain tape).
- After this comes the stitching of the curtain tape (curtain tape). When choosing a tape, consider the weight and size of the curtain. For a long heavy curtain, a wide curtain tape is better suited, however, it is attached not even with two seams, but at least four.
Organza curtains with glitter, gold or silver plating look original and attractive
After that, the finished curtain needs to be ironed and, finally, the work is ready – the product can be hung on the cornice.
Organza curtains for the kitchen: how to decorate them
A simple and beautiful organza curtain can be decorated in an interesting way. For the kitchen, you can use flowers in the arms – a cute and romantic element.
What can be used to make such flowers:
- Satin ribbons or satin fabric;
- From knitted elements;
- From artificial flowers;
- From buttons;
- From beads and / or beads;
- From felt.
Another decoration that was already mentioned above is an organza lambrequin. These can be simple, one-section lambrequins or products consisting of several sections. Pelmet to the curtain is often attached with Velcro.
Organza in the kitchen gives the room airiness, expands it visually, does not prevent the penetration of sunlight
Some nuances of sewing organza lambrequins:
- If there is one section in the lambrequin, the width of the fabric is the length of the cornice;
- When cutting fabric, the fabric is held at an angle of forty-five degrees;
- The allowance during the cut will be two centimeters on one edge, and the hem is four centimeters on one side;
- Be sure to attach the pattern to the fabric with needles..
Of course, such a curtain with a lambrequin can be not only in the kitchen, but also in the hall.
Organza curtains in the hall: different styles of interior
Love for organza, as the best material for curtains, can be carried with you to almost any interior style. You can consider this with specific examples..
Organza for curtains in different interiors:
- Provence. In this case, the curtains should be with maximum transparency, neutral, to match the color of the walls..
- Classical. Noble shades, and rather not white – but milky, caramel, smoky.
- Scandinavian. The frosty freshness of the style will be emphasized by such curtains, light, durable, as if fresh from frosty coolness.
- Modern. Complex designs are not needed, but do not forget that the curtains should match the furniture, neither simpler nor more significant.
- Fusion. And here curtains will be appropriate, for example, in an oriental style, reminiscent of the mirages of distant deserts, the incredible beauty of sunsets and the tales of Scheherazade.
Organza is a material that always pleases with its diversity.
Almost any stylish whim can be performed by an unpretentious organza. For which they love her, for which they use everything in new variations.
Organza curtains (video)
If your choice of clothes for the window stopped on organza curtains, you should not be afraid that you will be reproached for bad taste or out of date. This is already a classic solution for window decor, and stopping at it, you form a laconic and sophisticated interior with some sensuality and lyricism..
Have a good choice!
Organza for curtains (photo)