Decorating the walls of the kitchen is a great way to update the design with minimal costs Every housewife dreams of a cozy kitchen. Sometimes, to make the room unique, just one picture on the wall, or a panel, is enough. How you can decorate the walls in the kitchen in an unusual way so that the room does not lose its individuality is described in this article..
The kitchen is more desirable in the home than others. In it, life is boiling almost always, while in other rooms the twilight of moments of waiting reigns.
The kitchen space is quite specific: in addition to functionality and ergonomics, it should also be cozy..
Renovating any room and creating coziness in it is not difficult: there are a lot of finishing options and decor elements for this. But not every finish and not every decor, for obvious reasons, is suitable for a room such as a kitchen. The operation of the kitchen entails frequent contamination, so the chosen material or decorative elements must be practical..
Also, a lot depends on the style of kitchen decoration. Sometimes, to give originality to the room, just one bright accent is enough.
Decor is the finishing touch to any interior, but wall decoration is often ignored by many small kitchen owners. In the question of how to decorate the walls in the kitchen, they prefer a more functional option, for example, cabinets and shelves. But even in the smallest kitchenette, if you wish, you can place everything you need, update the old room and decorate it aesthetically.
It is the bold design that makes the kitchen original and stylish. If you know how to draw, then by all means try art painting in the kitchen. Kitchen decor with paper is perhaps the most budgetary way
In a kitchen with a small area, there are not many free walls to decorate. As a rule, the wall above the dining table is empty. But the decor should not attract special attention either. A stove with a beautifully designed chimney should remain the centerpiece of a small kitchen that attracts attention. Kitchens with a large area give much more room for imagination, and suitable decor elements will only simplify the task..
Decorating any wall in the kitchen
More colors and the kitchen can radically change its usual look
- When choosing a decorative wall decoration, you should focus on the interior style of your kitchen. For example, if the design of the room is modern, paintings printed on glass or colored posters can decorate and update its walls..
- Also, the choice of decor colors is of great importance. For a small room, you should not choose drawings in pastel colors or in thick dark colors. Warm rich and juicy colors are acceptable for the kitchen. They improve appetite and cheer up.
- When choosing a subject for an image, you should pay attention to still lifes that are associated with food. Pictures with the theme of winemaking, as well as still lifes of exquisite dishes, will look harmonious in the kitchen..
- If someone in the family has artistic skills, you can paint a picture with your own hands and update it on an empty old wall..
An unusual solution can be children’s drawings on a kitchen theme in frames on the wall. With the advent of new masterpieces, paintings can be updated periodically. Drawings can be used to decorate not so much walls, but also other surfaces..
- Family photos in frames, hanging in random order, can be just as great an option as children’s drawings. They can decorate not only the wall, but also any surface..
- On a blank wall, you can draw a pattern with a stencil or use stickers.
Vinyl decal decoration
Black stickers on light walls are a win-win The stickers on the apron must be moisture resistant and easy to clean.
Vinyl or interior decals are great for enlivening a blank wall. They are a pattern printed on a thin self-adhesive film. Previously, they were used only to decorate billboards or shop windows, but creative designers have found use for them in the arrangement of interiors of residential premises. The beauty of such a decor is that it is not difficult to do it yourself and, if necessary, the stickers can be easily removed and replaced with other options for decorating an empty wall, for example, butterflies.
Stencils for the kitchen will visibly refresh the kitchen design with small touches. The image of a cup of coffee in the kitchen has already become a classic
In order to decorate the empty walls of the kitchen and decorate the room in a new way, you can purchase or make do-it-yourself stencils, with which a picture is applied to the wall. Recently, the most popular is nature theme, for example – flowers or butterflies. In addition to walls, they can be used to decorate any piece of furniture. Decor with butterflies or flowers can be appropriate not only in the kitchen, but also in any other room..
Stickers will fill the kitchen with missing details This illusion often helps to complete the kitchen design.
Paintings and photographs are traditional decor that has been in use for many years. Today, stickers are very popular for decorating kitchen walls..
A sticker is a small form of printing, produced on a self-adhesive basis. Are easy to read silhouettes, lettering and vignettes.
The main advantage of this decor is ease of use and affordable price. Stickers are durable, do not require special care and can be easily removed if desired.
Collage is an indispensable attribute of Provence style cuisine Typically, a kitchen collage consists of fruits, vegetables and flowers.
Collages look quite unusual and advantageous over the dining area. They can be of a different nature, depending on the image:
- Relief compositions on the theme of winemaking;
- Figures of chefs;
- Kitchen utensils;
- Fruit still lifes.
Very often, this decor is equipped with a practical element like a recipe pad or a towel hook..
Such collages for the kitchen are not difficult to arrange with your own hands. To compile them, you can use:
- Small porcelain dishes;
- Beautiful cups;
For making collages with your own hands, it is best to use deep frames, which will favorably emphasize even the simplest composition..
Decorative planks in the kitchen can not only play an aesthetic role, but also be fully functional. Such shelves for the kitchen can significantly transform any interior.
A narrow metal, glass or wooden shelf of small sizes will help to decorate the wall or complement the decor, on which books with culinary recipes or beautiful dishes will look great.
An excellent economical solution in terms of decorating a small kitchen can be placing dishes on the shelves, which, as a rule, are hidden in cabinets..
Multi-colored decorative plates on the wall will help to make a plain wall interesting and colorful Beautiful stand for tea bags
Decorating kitchen walls with colorful dishes with a main or additional pattern has long been a tradition. They are displayed on sideboard shelves, hanging shelves, or mounted with display holders..
If you have beautiful dishes, do not hide them in closed cabinets. It will look great on shelves or behind glass cabinet doors..
For a kitchen with a classic interior, antique sets or earthenware plates are ideal..
Such a plant can be both real and artificial. Potted flowers are one of the most effective tools on the way to a cozy kitchen
Ordinary indoor plants can revive the room and give it a unique coziness. Flower pots can be placed on the windowsill or refrigerator, can be hung on the wall. For small kitchens, where it is not advisable to force a window sill, as there may be equipment or dishes on it, it is best to use hanging flowerpots or pots attached to the upper slopes of the windows.
Butterflies on the wall
Butterflies on the kitchen wall are not suitable for every style, but it’s worth experimenting Butterflies of the same tone are a very stylish solution
Today it has become popular to decorate walls with butterflies. There are enough ideas for decorating walls with butterflies: they can be cut out of polystyrene, poured out of plaster, painted with your own hands, applied with a ready-made ornament through a stencil, or glued on ready-made vinyl stickers. You can also update old furniture with butterflies..
The creative process of decorating is not driven into a certain framework and, as such, is not constrained by the rules, so there is no limit to imagination..
Wall decor in general
Wall decor is an integral part of kitchen design
You can decorate empty kitchen walls with various materials, using them individually or by creating various combinations, which allows you to divide even the smallest area into kitchen zones.
Wall murals are a wonderful decoration for the walls in the kitchen. For the kitchen, you can choose a photo wallpaper of any desired size with a still life.
The apron area and the dining area in the kitchen today can be decorated and decorated with different materials:
- Ceramic tile. The most common material for aesthetic and practical design of the work area is ceramic tiles. For greater originality, it can be laid out in a non-standard way, combining tiles of different sizes and adding a decorative frieze.
- Glass. This material is easy to clean and pleasant to look at. The glass panel is quite difficult to install with your own hands, but the working “apron” made of transparent glass is amazing because you can place any compositions from posters, drawings, stickers or photographs under it.
Provence style involves decorating walls using several shades Finishing in the style of minimalism and rigor is an excellent solution for modern and high-tech kitchens
- Decorative rock. The stone can be used to decorate both the work area and the wall above the dining table. If the area of the kitchen allows, you can create an imitation of an old castle with masonry by decorating the surface of one of the walls. A false fireplace and forged lamps will look harmonious on such a wall..
- Painting on the walls. This decoration option is suitable for decorating an empty wall in the dining area. With the help of painting, you can bring to life any creative ideas. If creating a drawing with your own hands is quite problematic, you can use stencils with ready-made ornaments.
- Decoupage. Any finishing material can be made unique using the decoupage technique (transferring the picture). Decoupage on the wall does not wear out, is not afraid of moisture and is easy to clean. This option will allow you to update the room even during planned repairs or decorate the furniture wall.
We also recommend watching the video:
There are many ways to decorate the walls of your kitchen. The main thing is that the decoration or decor of the walls meets such criteria as hygiene and moisture resistance. Indeed, due to the specificity of the room, condensation and surface contamination can often form in the kitchen..
Examples of how to decorate walls (photo)