It is quite simple to arrange a bedroom on your own, but first you need to decide on the style of the interior and furniture.In order to beautifully decorate a bedroom with your own hands, you do not need to contact the professionals. First of all, you need to find the right style of interior and furniture. In doing so, you must take into account the configuration and size of the room. For example, to decorate a small room, it is advisable to use folding furniture and finishing materials, designed in light colors. If the bedroom is large, then you can embody almost any design idea..
Children’s bedroom: how to arrange it correctly
How to decorate a children’s bedroom in an apartment? First of all, you need to choose the color scheme in which the room will be sustained. If the bedroom is large, then it is best to use bright wallpaper. It is recommended to give preference to blue, orange or green wallpaper.
Remember that furniture in a children’s room should not be bright. The wardrobe, bed and other pieces of furniture should be kept in light colors. If the color of furniture and walls is the same, then the room will seem small..
For a children’s bedroom, designers recommend using wallpaper in blue, green or orange, but the furniture should not be colorful
There are a number of rules for arranging a children’s bedroom:
- If the room is large, then it is advisable to zone the room. With the help of lighting devices, you can conditionally divide the bedroom into a recreation area and a work area..
- In a small room, it is advisable to install folding beds built into the wardrobe..
- The ceilings in the children’s room are best pasted over with photo wallpaper.
- Use LED spotlights as a light source. They will not harm a child’s eyes.
How to decorate a bedroom interior with a balcony
Combining a bedroom with a balcony is a new and unusual solution. If you properly equip a bedroom with a balcony in the house, you can get a real work of art..
In order to properly arrange the interior of the combined bedroom, you need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- In the bedroom, which is combined with a balcony, it is recommended to install a folding sofa or a pull-out bed.
- Place all furniture along one wall. This technique will save a lot of space..
- There is no need to hang blackout curtains on the window. Classic tulle or linen drapery is the best solution.
- The bedroom, combined with a balcony, should be designed in light colors.
- Install an additional waterproofing layer on the balcony ceiling.
- If you want to combine a place for rest and a study, then you can zone the room using contrasting colors..
- Don’t use flashy colors for wall decoration..
- If batteries are installed on the balcony, then it is best to dismantle them..
- For ceiling decoration, use plastic suspension structures or fabric canvases..
- It is strictly forbidden to dismantle the load-bearing partitions on the balcony..
If you combine a bedroom with a balcony, then it is best to keep the room in light pastel colors.
The level of the floor on the balcony and the room can vary significantly. In order to eliminate this effect, it is recommended to apply another layer of screed. If the difference is insignificant, then it is better to install a small decorative ladder.
How to design a battery for a bedroom
Bedroom batteries are best simply dyed. For this, it is recommended to use acrylic paints, as they dry quickly and do not emit toxic substances. Remember that the batteries must be soaked in the same color as the walls.
If you do not want to paint the batteries, then you can use the following options:
- It is a good idea to decorate the batteries with a wooden radiator. This design will look harmonious. However, remember that it is impractical to install such structures in a small room, as they take up a lot of space..
- A special glass screen can be installed on the battery. You can put some kind of drawing on it.
- If you like extraordinary ideas, then you can apply photo printing to batteries. The cost of such work is high, however, the effect will be amazing..
It is best to paint the battery in the bedroom, but if you want a more interesting option, you can install a glass screen with a pattern or apply a photo print
It is best to cover the battery with a special glass screen. Such a design will cost more than a photo printing or a wooden radiator, however, glass screens have a long service life and do not deform under the influence of temperature..
How to best decorate a bedroom in a small room
How to arrange a sleeping place with limited space? The most important thing is to find a good wallpaper. For the decoration of a small bedroom, it is recommended to use a plain cream or beige wallpaper. Also, to decorate small bedrooms, you can use wallpaper with an ornament or vertical stripes..
To decorate a bedroom in a small room, the classic style is best.
When decorating small rooms, consider the following nuances:
- Use spotlights or sconces as lighting fixtures.
- For finishing the ceiling, you should not use plasterboard or plastic panels, as they require the installation of a massive frame.
- Do not place shelves and other bulky furniture near a window..
- To decorate a small room, it is better to use a classic design. Alternatively, loft or minimalism can be used..
If you are starting a renovation in a small room, then keep in mind that it is best to install folding multifunctional furniture in such a bedroom. For example, folding cabinets or modular designs can be installed..
Making a small rectangular bedroom
If the room is small in size and has a rectangular shape, then it is quite difficult to arrange it. Mirrors will help you to achieve a visual expansion of the room. For example, a mirror can be installed along the length of a wall. Mirror panels for the ceiling will also help you visually expand the space. They can either be glued to the base surface or installed on a special crate..
In a small rectangular bedroom, it is necessary to visually increase the space, and this can be done using mirror panels
When decorating a small rectangular room, adhere to the following guidelines:
- It is advisable to plaster the walls or paste over with striped wallpaper. Alternatively, you can use marine-themed wall murals..
- The ceiling should be in light colors.
- It is impractical to use bulky dressers when decorating such a room. It is better to install a built-in wardrobe.
- It is recommended to install additional lighting by the bed. Sconces work best.
If you are decorating a loft-style room, then the walls can be painted in contrasting colors. For example, long walls can be painted black or brown, while short walls can be painted white or cream..
What are the rules for decorating a bedroom
There are a number of unspoken rules that should be followed when decorating a bedroom. First of all, you need to provide high-quality soundproofing of the room. This can be achieved with the help of various finishing materials. For example, you can install special soundproofing panels or drywall sheets on the wall..
Also, when arranging a bedroom, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- The walls and ceilings in the bedroom should not be painted in the same color.
- When decorating a bedroom, it is not recommended to use a lot of ruffles, flounces or other accessories. If there are too many accessories in the room, then it will look tasteless..
- Avoid bulky chandeliers in your bedroom. Opt for practical spotlights, small lampshades or wall lamps.
- To decorate the bedroom, do not use too bright finishing materials..
When decorating a bedroom, do not forget that this room is for rest and relaxation, therefore, it is best to use materials of light colors to decorate it.
It is very important to have good lighting fixtures in your bedroom. Experts recommend installing lamps that have a function for adjusting the intensity of illumination. Bulbs with built-in dimmers are best suited.
How to decorate a bedroom in the style of minimalism with your own hands
If you do not like sophistication and bombast, then it is best to decorate the bedroom in a minimalist style. This style uses soothing colors and natural materials. Minimalism is the epitome of tranquility and elegance.
Minimalism style provides for:
- The use of contrasting colors in the interior. Usually the walls are painted in beige, milky or pistachio color. You can dilute the interior with black furniture..
- The use of textured plaster or acrylic paint to decorate the ceiling and walls. Parquet, natural stone or laminate are used for flooring.
- Use of multifunctional furniture. It is recommended to install products with drawers and a large number of built-in compartments.
- The use of halogen lamps as a light source.
The minimalist bedroom is characterized by the use of natural materials and multifunctional furniture.
If you decide to decorate the room in a minimalist style, then you cannot hang thick roman curtains or tulle on the windows. It is recommended to opt for blinds or linen drapery.
To decorate the bedroom, you can use various finishes. Everything will depend on your individual preferences and the size of the room. For small bedrooms, use multifunctional furniture and finishing materials in beige or cream colors. Also, the design directly depends on the style in which the bedroom will be sustained..
Ten best bedroom interiors (video)
Examples of bedroom decoration (photo in the interior)