The Provence style is perfect for the bedroom due to the combination of simplicity, comfort and grace. Provence is a style that originated in the countryside in France. That is why Provence is distinguished by its simplicity, convenience and incredible sophistication. Many people want to see their bedroom or even the whole house so that body and soul can relax in a pleasant home environment. For such people, Provence suits like no other style..
Provence style in the interior of the bedroom
Provence style is just a godsend for a sleeping place. It is not surprising that in recent years this direction has enjoyed such popularity: many want to get away from the bustle of the city and into a space reminiscent of the tranquility of village life..
Pastel colors and natural finishing materials are one of the main attributes of the Provence style.
What are the advantages of Provence for a bedroom:
- Relaxing style. The abundance of pastel shades, light, eye-pleasing drawings, as well as natural materials contributes to excellent physical and psychological rest.
- Ease of implementation. You will not need to hire workers and designers to create a provence in your bedroom. All the techniques aimed at creating and maintaining this style are easy to do with your own hands, and interior details and furniture can be selected, guided by the main characteristics of Provence style furniture.
- Price. Provence style can be created at no extra cost. You can save on furniture by choosing headsets stylized as solid wood in the old style. This will only affect durability, and the appearance will correspond to the principles of Provence. All other materials are very accessible: paper wallpapers and natural fabrics for curtains, bedspreads, rugs, panels and napkins, fresh flowers. Many elements are easy to do with your own hands..
- Environmental friendliness. Fashion in recent years is increasingly focused on eco-style in the interior. Provence easily supports this trend, as it involves the use of natural materials, as well as living plants in its interior..
- The ability to make your bedroom truly luxurious. If saving is not included in the tasks of your renovation, then Provence gives you a unique opportunity to place museum luxury items right in your bedroom. Antique dressers, beds, benches, cupboards and tables made of expensive wood will make your sleeping room a work of art. Also, luxurious design can be decorated with stucco, figurines and paintings in the style of the Renaissance..
Provence style is available for people with different financial capabilities. This is one of the main advantages of this direction..
How to design a bedroom in Provence style
If you decide to make a bedroom in the rustic style of the south of France, then you probably need to find out what elements are needed to create this style..
For decor in the Provence style is very characteristic "flower theme", namely, decorating the room with fresh flowers, as well as patterns with their image
Provence easily enters everyday life with the following interior details:
- Pastel shades. If we talk about the color scheme, then here the supremacy of pastel shades is categorically affirmed. In the highest esteem – olive, cornflower blue, blue. Light shades of gray, beige, pale yellow are also used actively. Brown wood and wrought iron pieces of furniture sometimes stand out against the background of light colors
- Natural flowers. A windowsill lined with greenery will perfectly complement a Provence-style bedroom. Don’t forget about the pots – they should also fit into the big picture..
- Floral ornament. Drawing “in a small flower” is very typical for Provence. Thus, walls, curtains or bedspreads can be painted..
- Antique furniture. If you do not have the opportunity to purchase truly antique furniture, then at your service are aged stylized beds, dressers and cupboards! In addition, you can do the antique effect yourself. All we need is forged items, carved wood and cracked paint..
- Stucco molding and other elements of decoration in the Renaissance style. Figurines made of plaster and porcelain, characteristic frames for paintings and photographs – all this helps to create the Provence style.
- Patchwork and embroidery for capes, pillowcases, bedspreads, blankets, napkins and other textile little things that fit organically into the general canvas of Provence.
- Stripe and check print for various surfaces in the bedroom.
- Chandelier, sconces and floor lamps, stylized as candelabra. Otherwise, you can use simpler lighting fixtures, but always with a fabric or lace lampshade..
- Canopy made of light tulle or dense beautiful material.
- Candles, mirrors, paintings.
There are many possibilities to create a provence in your bedroom. Assemble yourself a set of those provincial elements that you especially like.
How to do Provence style decoration with your own hands
Provence was created in poor rural conditions, where manual labor was in high esteem. Therefore, many parts of the provincial style can be easily created by hand. Perhaps some things will not seem so easy to you, but hard work, patience and love for your home and family will help you create original works in the Provence style..
The Provencal style gives ample opportunities for the manifestation of creativity: embroidery, patchwork and other handmade accessories will perfectly decorate the room
In the direction of Provence with your own hands, it is possible to do the following:
- pasting walls with wallpaper;
- deliberately sloppy plaster;
- sheathing with wooden clapboard or tiles;
- laminate flooring;
- stucco elements made of plaster;
- upholstery of furniture with fabric;
- painting furniture with aging effect;
- wood carvings for the headboard or other decorations;
- production of lampshades;
- patchwork, embroidery, knitting;
- decoupage, painting, stencil.
Provence has deep perspectives for handicrafts. Almost any kind of applied art will fit surprisingly well into the provincial style, giving it completeness and author’s zest.
We create Provence furniture for the bedroom
In order for the furniture to resemble classic provincial interior items, it is necessary to carry out an aging process..
Artificial aging of furniture is a popular technique used by many designers
For wooden pieces of furniture, aging occurs as follows:
- Remove the original coating from the selected piece of furniture: varnish, paint or something else.
- Sand the wood so it is ready to paint.
- Now apply base paint. China is a good choice as a paint manufacturer. Pastel shades of water-borne coatings are commonly used; also bright blue, blue, olive, green and even sometimes coral look actual.
- Apply varnish to dried wood.
- Sand again with fine sandpaper to create the characteristic fading.
- Now we apply patina – it will create a pleasant whitish shade.
- After drying, partially remove the patina with sandpaper or steel wool. You can remove the patina from the entire product, leaving whitish areas only in the recesses, or only from the ribs or other parts of the piece of furniture..
Hand-made furniture is an achievement that you can deservedly be proud of for many years..
How to choose a bedroom set Provence
If you are going to purchase a bedroom set in the Provence style, then there should not be any particular difficulties, since ready-made sets often have a provincial direction, which is initially announced upon sale. But if you decide to assemble your suite yourself, then be sure to read the basic principles of selecting furniture in the Provence style..
As a rule, the main type of material for Provencal furniture is solid wood.
Provincial style furniture is characterized by the following parameters:
- forged parts;
- solid wood as the main type of material;
- cracked or frayed paint;
- carved details, smooth lines;
Provence style furniture should evoke the feeling of a warm, cozy country house. In addition, aged furniture supports the family tradition of intergenerational continuity..
Provence white bedrooms
White is a very trendy color for the Provencal style. If you want to create a heavenly place in your home, then a perfectly white Provence bedroom will suit you. How to focus on the provincial direction using shades of only 1 color?
A snow-white Provence-style bedroom will be the perfect place to relax, thanks to the feeling of cleanliness and freshness that is so inherent in white.
To make a snow-white provence, use:
- aged wood painted in light gray;
- stucco molding on the ceiling and walls;
- lace pillowcases, lampshades, napkins;
- white stone or wood floor;
- light wood floors on the ceiling;
- silver-white frames for mirrors, photos or paintings.
Here is an incomplete list of elements that will help create a Provence style in white.
White Provence creates a heavenly feeling of comfort, freshness and beauty.
Small Provence style bedroom
Provincial style looks amazing both in a large room and in a modest one. The secret lies in the comfort that all these cute little things made from natural materials hide in themselves..
For a small bedroom, the Provence style will also be relevant, the main thing is to avoid massive decor elements
What to choose for a small Provence style bedroom:
- The bed can only contain a wrought iron headboard and wooden legs. This option takes up little space, but looks stylish..
- Bedside table decorated with wrought iron handles and antique painted.
- An aged dresser can serve as a replacement for a modern wardrobe.
- Floral print curtains and light tulle.
- Stylish lighting fixtures.
- Interior decoration that meets the basic principles of the provincial direction.
- Live plants.
- Abundant textiles with matching prints, an abundance of pillows and napkins.
Even in a small bedroom, Provence will look great: thanks to the light colors, tenderness and comfort of Provence, a small bedroom will turn from a gloomy shack into a small pleasant corner for relaxation.
How to renovate a Provence style bedroom
To make the interior decoration of a room in the Provence style, you should follow some simple rules.
A Provence style bedroom is, first of all, an abundance of white and mainly natural finishing materials
Which interior decoration matches the provincial style:
- White non-glossy ceiling. It is possible to use a slatted ceiling with wooden beams.
- Walls are often made from natural materials (plaster, gypsum), and then painted in the desired shade. It is possible to use paper wallpaper.
- The floor is most often made using laminate, stone or solid wood.
Provence-style interiors are available even for a modest budget.
Provence style bedroom in a wooden house
The wooden house is the perfect home for the Provencal style. In a house made of natural materials, Provence fits into any room and bedroom including.
For a wooden house, the Provence style is ideal in style, and it will not be difficult to bring it to life
Why Provence is an excellent choice for a wooden house:
- The walls, ceiling and floor in a wooden house are already ready for Provence: natural wooden surfaces are ideal for the embodiment of provincial style.
- A wooden house is usually larger than an apartment. Therefore, there will be enough space for charming details and decorations in a wooden house..
- The wooden house, located in the bosom of nature, disposes of a light, pleasant provincial style. Therefore, Provence goes more to houses than apartments..
- The attic bedroom will look even more beautiful if you add elements in the Provence style to it.
Your own home is a great place to embody many design ideas, including a Provence style bedroom.
Bedroom in Provence style (video)
The creation of Provencal-style bedrooms is typical not only for adults. A bedroom for a girl or a girl will also look luxurious if you add cute accessories in a provincial style to it. Living room and nursery in country or provnas style have become classics for many. Therefore, without hesitation, agree to make a provincial-style bedroom.!
Provence style bedroom design (interior photo)