Classic gray walls can be considered one of the most preferred options for an ideal strict interior. Gray has a controversial reputation. It is sometimes considered neutral, background, boring, monotonous, then it turns out that gray does not always suit the background, and not all colors are combined with it. However, gray wallpaper has traditionally sold well. And gray with a pattern, ornament and other images are in vogue today..
Gray wallpaper in the interior of the living room
It is logical that the gray is great friends with his neighbors – white and black. Actually, they formed it, because these three colors will always suit each other..
This combination is neutral and very popular. It is good for living rooms, which need to be made as calm as possible, for walls that are not very high and, in general, a small footage..
The gray color of the wallpaper allows you to experiment a little, create original and unusual design solutions
If you want to create a more interesting look in the living room interior:
- Use lilac and purple as an accompaniment to the gray. It can be gray wallpaper with lilac flowers, or dark gray wallpaper with purple stripes..
- Gray-pink wallpapers will add a picturesque living room. They have more freshness and spring than ordinary gray, but they do not overwhelm with their dynamics..
- Light gray wallpaper with large purple flowers. Such gray wallpaper looks convincing in the interior of a large living room..
Separately, it is worth considering the issue of combining wallpaper..
Gray wallpaper in the interior (video)
What color wallpaper will match gray wallpaper
Not all colors like gray wallpapers. They don’t always need to be taken as a background..
The following combinations will look good:
- Gray-brown walls. It would seem that two colors are used, but such a combination can make the interior very noble, and these colors will perfectly suit each other. Walls with gray-silver wallpaper look great next to the walls of a brown-gold scale, but very light.
- Gray and white walls. True, you can take an off-white color, a darkened white, otherwise with a bright gray such a combination will “cut the eye”.
- Blue-gray walls. These are similar colors, with similar energy. True, if you take azure blue, then you need to take a bright gray, not too dark, mousey with high saturation..
Gray-pink walls. These shades are combined, gray wallpaper can be taken as a basis, and pink to set off the entire “taste” of the shade
And what should be the furniture in the case of choosing gray wallpaper?
What color of furniture suits gray wallpaper: options
Again, the classic option is white and black furniture. It’s almost a win-win combination and sometimes gray wallpaper is the best backdrop for this kind of furniture. On the one hand, the eye is not distracted by the wall, on the other hand, the wall does not resonate with the furniture, but emphasizes it very favorably.
Which sofa matches gray wallpaper:
- Noble black;
- Milky white;
- Delicate lilac;
- Gray is in a white cage;
- Dark lilac soft texture;
- Faded olive (to dark gray wallpaper);
- Light milk chocolate color.
Shades of gray should not be used as accents or additions, they can only be background
Such an interior does not tolerate color overload. The main color is the same gray, milky and a little olive, here is an example of a good combination for a calm interior.
Gray color in the interior (video)
What wallpapers are suitable for gray laminate
And if the problem is different, you need to choose the wallpaper to match the color of the laminate. Must gray wallpaper keep him company?
Gray laminate “make friends” with wallpaper:
- In which there are yellow elements in a pattern or ornament;
- Beige shades, from very light to rich, close to sandy;
- Pink shades, but the “calmer” the floor, the softer, softer and even paler the walls should be.
Visually reduce the space and emphasize the horizontal lines will help the combination of dark shades of wallpaper with light flooring
White walls rarely match gray laminate flooring. Usually these elements fit together well, both in large rooms and in small.
Gray furniture: what wallpaper is suitable for it
Color combinations remain practically the same.
This can be seen with examples:
- Example one. You have: Gray sofa corner. Or a gray little sofa and armchairs. If the rest of the furniture, such as the chest of drawers and coffee table, is dark brown, you can use mustard wallpaper as a basis. Only dark mustard is better, where brown seems to be intertwined with green.
- Example two. You have: a light gray sofa and the same shelves, or a modular design. In this case, you can take the same gray wallpaper, only more blue, dark enough. And so that the interior is not gloomy, dilute it with two bright colors – yellow and crimson. It can be sofa cushions, a painting on a wall, a coffee table, a floor lamp. This is a very modern interior, both dynamic and fresh, but at the same time not devoid of nobility, stylish and fashionable.
- Example three. You have: a large gray sofa and an almost empty room. Until the room is filled with furniture, you have the opportunity to experiment. If the room has a large window, enough light, one of the walls can be made red. But just a blank red wall will not work, let a picture with large red poppies hang on it, for example. Light gray floor and the same other walls.
Avoid being overwhelmed, multicolored, or trying to make multiple accents at once..
Gray wallpapers: 48 examples of sophistication (video)
Gray wallpaper is a good option in many cases. And for a calm interior, and for minimalism, and for a work environment, and for creative people. Thanks to the partner colors, you can make the gray more saturated, or make it play with new shades..
Gray wallpaper in the interior (photo)