Modern paper wallpaper for walls is in great demand today Paper wallpaper is the bestseller, if only because the affordable price provides them with this leadership for a long time, and manufacturing technologies are becoming more and more perfect. This is a simple coating, in terms of performance, somewhere inferior to more expensive types of wallpaper, but also has some advantages over them..
Paper wallpaper for walls: brands, manufacturers, quality mark
Despite the fact that a potential buyer gravitates more towards a foreign manufacturer, in recent years Russia has increasingly attracted buyers to its side in the light industry. And this applies to wallpaper to the same extent..
Paper wallpaper for walls: Russia
Russian wallpaper coverings are gaining good reviews, and brands such as Art, Palitra, Elysium, Mayakprint, MOF no longer need advertising. And sometimes wallpaper made in Germany, widely known, can be somewhat inferior to Russian brands..
Russian-made paper wallpapers are in no way inferior to foreign brands
Advantages of wallpaper made in Russia:
- Interesting design concept. This design can not be found in European collections, and it makes sense to cling to these fresh solutions.
- Quality. European equipment or analog technologies make it possible to produce high quality wallpapers.
- Price. You do not pay extra for imports, do not overpay for the brand, which means that elite collections are more affordable than the same elite foreign ones..
Neighboring countries also produce decent products, and such wallpapers often differ from imported ones for the better..
Belarusian paper wallpaper for walls
Belarusian wallpaper has not yet reached the level that many Russian factories, but the popularity of some Belarusian factories is only gaining momentum.
The wallpapers of the Minsk Wallpaper Factory, which are easy to find on sale, have an excellent reputation. By the way, Belarusian wallpapers are gaining popularity abroad, because they look great in both our and European interiors, and the affordable price only makes them attractive.
Recently, the popularity of Belarusian paper wallpaper has gained momentum.
Belarusian wallpaper production is based on high quality, high-tech production, focusing on European standards and the operation of proven equipment.
Wallpaper on paper: Germany “Duplex”
Germany has long been associated with the quality mark, advanced technology and high standards. One example of this is duplex wallpaper. There are two types of wallpaper – simplex (single-layer) and duplex (two-layer), respectively..
Features of duplex wallpaper:
- This is a double layer wallpaper, strong and wear-resistant.
- Duplex wallpaper is not afraid of moisture.
- Have a breathable coating.
- They do not fade from sunlight.
- Duplex wallpaper conceals insignificant wall imperfections well.
- Long service life.
German paper wallpapers are renowned not only for their quality but also for their affordability.
At the same time, duplex wallpaper is at a price higher than a simplex, but due to a longer operation, the price eventually levels out. Duplex wallpaper made in Germany is a kind of wide wallpaper. In addition, duplex is beautiful paintable canvases, and coarse-fiber wallpaper for walls, and embossed wallpaper, and smooth and corrugated.
Germany is also famous for the fact that the price of wallpaper produced in this country is very attractive..
American paper wallpaper
Recently, American wallpaper for walls has also been in high demand. Their distinctive feature is micropores on the canvas, which makes the material breathable, and this is already a good feature for a pleasant microclimate in the room..
American wallpaper for walls is suitable for any room, there is no vinyl in the composition of this wallpaper, it is highly environmentally friendly and suitable for any room and apartment.
Paper wallpaper for walls (video)
Paper wallpapers: pros and cons
You can start with the cons, as the paper wall covering is definitely not ideal..
Cons of paper wallpaper:
- Fragility. This is especially true for simplex wallpapers, but duplex wallpapers are more durable).
- Burnout. Long exposure to sunlight, paper wallpaper does not withstand.
- Low moisture resistance. Wet cleaning is not applicable to most of these wallpapers..
- Insufficient sound insulation.
The big plus of paper wallpapers is that such wallpapers will be environmentally friendly.
Pros of paper wallpaper:
- Just glue them with your own hands;
- The choice is wide;
Many disadvantages do not matter if the renovation, for example, in a temporary room for use. Cheap paper wallpaper is ideal for rented housing, for a couple of years of operation, all the disadvantages are insignificant, but the advantages make you choose them.
Paper wallpaper for painting: nuances and tricks
A common option is to buy white wallpapers and quickly turn them into beautiful colored ones. For this, there are paintable wallpapers..
Paper wallpaper for walls to be painted consists of a coating and a base. During manufacturing, they are impregnated with a special agent, and therefore the wallpaper is endowed with water-repellent properties..
How to paint paper wallpaper
This is not difficult at all, even a beginner can handle it..
Remember the main points regarding wallpaper painting:
- Paint with water-based or acrylic paint;
- You can choose matte wall covering or glossy;
- First paint a part of the wall in the corner, making a color test, and then the entire wall;
- It is possible to repaint this coating a dozen times..
Paintable paper wallpaper is usually two-layer. Such wallpapers are made of special paper, which provides them with a high density.
Paper for wallpaper for painting is selected strong, ready for such manipulations. Therefore, paint boldly, and repaint – the colors are bright and juicy..
Painting paper wallpaper (video)
Is it possible to paint paper wallpaper with water-based paint
Yes, you can, just take the paint based on PVA. You need to paint with a woolen or trowel roller, and the capacity should be a special bath, but not a bucket or a jar. In hard-to-reach places, paint can be done with a flat brush..
How long does paper wallpaper dry
Paper wallpaper dries faster than other paintable wallpaper.
The wallpaper dries completely no earlier than in a day, when it comes to painting with water-based paint. But the masters advise, for greater reliability, to wait a couple of days, and only then move into the room or carry out subsequent repair work.
Paint for paper wallpaper
The following classification of paints is considered generally accepted:
- Respectively semi-gloss.
For painting paper wallpaper, it is customary to use acrylic paint, because it dries quickly, is highly breathable and does not allow moisture to pass through
For the living room, matte dye is the best choice, and for the kitchen either glossy or semi-gloss dye is chosen..
Varnish for paper wallpaper: is it worth it
Why is paper wallpaper varnished in general? First, to neutralize some of the cons of paper wallpaper.
If paper wallpaper is varnished, it automatically becomes washable.
Secondly, it makes sense to do this if the wallpaper seems faded to you. For such work, only one type of varnish is really clearly intended – VAK-A-104. If you apply others, the result may be negative..
Wallpaper on a paper basis: types
There are two of the most popular types of paper-backed wallpaper: paper-backed vinyl and paper-backed non-woven wallpaper.
Features of such wallpaper:
- Vinyl wallpapers in this case, not three-layer, but two-layer – a paper base plus a polyvinyl coating. They are sometimes mistakenly called three-layer due to the fact that embossing or some kind of pattern is applied to the vinyl covering..
- Non-woven wallpaper. Outwardly, they are not much different from vinyl, made of structured non-woven fabric. Considered more elastic and wear resistant.
The main advantage of using paper backed vinyl wallpaper is abrasion resistance.
There are also paper-based textile wallpapers. They are distinguished by good sound insulation, noise insulation, fade-resistant, and also this coating with high bactericidal properties..
Which wallpaper is better than vinyl or paper
It depends on what criterion you measure. If we talk about durability, then the paper covering will, of course, give way to the vinyl one. That is, they will have to be re-glued more often. Also, the paper covering is easier to injure, it will not hide minor wall defects, such wallpapers are rarely washable.
But vinyl is less sustainable than paper. Yes, the myth about their harmfulness is exaggerated, but when burning, vinyl wallpaper does release dangerous formaldehydes..
The disadvantage of vinyl wallpaper is that it is easier to get caught in a fake, in contrast to paper
Cheap Chinese vinyl wallpaper can turn into not only poor-quality coating, but also unhealthy materials..
How to remove paper wallpaper from walls
Removing paper wallpaper is usually easy. The most common way to remove them is with water..
How to remove wallpaper with water:
- Free the wall from everything superfluous, only wallpaper should remain on it.
- Lay tape or newspapers on the floor.
- The room must be de-energized while the wallpaper is being removed..
- Heat the water to 40 degrees, then moisten the wall with this water from a spray bottle.
- A sponge, cloth or roller will help remove damp wallpaper.
- It is not necessary to remove immediately, wait 45-50 minutes until the glue begins to dissolve.
- When you see that some of the wallpapers have started to fall off by themselves, you can start removing them..
To remove old paper wallpaper, you will need water and a spatula. Spray the wall and use a spatula to pry and gently pull the sheet
Pry the sheet from the top with a spatula and pull, but not so hard that the strip breaks. It is great if it is removed in whole or in large pieces..
Strong pieces are peeled off by force, or take sandpaper and rub the wall with it.
How to remove old paper wallpaper from the wall (video)
Types of paper wallpaper: modern options
Consider only the most popular, modern options for paper wallpaper..
Types of popular paper wallpaper:
- Combined (for example, acrylic-based paper wallpaper, a great option);
- Simplex (single layer);
- Duplex (double layer);
- Textured embossed wallpaper;
- Moisture resistant (varnished or latex coated);
- Wallpaper for painting;
Today, a paper skirting board for wallpaper is also in great demand, which serves as a worthy modern wall framing.
In terms of design, it is difficult to choose leaders here. It all depends on what collections are popular right now. For example, wallpapers of the “Stone Flower” collection are actively bought today. But imitation wallpaper remains invariably popular – under a brick, under a tree.
How to stick paper wallpaper (video)
Technologies for the production of paper wallpaper are being improved, and the price remains attractive, therefore this type of wallpaper will delight the buyer for a long time. Choose quality, fashionable design, solid structure and not overpriced.
Have a nice renovation!
Paper wallpaper for walls (photo)