Not sure how to decorate your kitchen beautifully and inexpensively? Use a wall panel or backsplashTo cover the walls in the kitchen and still be original, all the possibilities are created today. Huge selection of materials of any price category, design for every taste – in a word, just look for your own version. One of the best options for decorating a kitchen apron is wall panels..
Panels for the kitchen, apron: what are
The main requirements for kitchen panels are to be spectacular in appearance and tolerate moisture well. If a couple of decades ago you would have chosen a tile, today its popularity is falling.
And this is understandable, because despite its beauty, ease of care, the tile is not so easy to install, and it will cost a lot by today’s standards. And it was panels that became the main competitor of the tile..
Extraordinary patterns can be applied to glass aprons: the only drawback of a glass panel is fragility
And they already, speaking in detail, can be made or decorated with anything, starting from the same tile, ending with film or glass.
Types of panels for the apron:
- Film. For the price, this is the most democratic type of decorative panel decoration. It can be effective externally, it is very easy to stick the film, but here is a significant minus – poor resistance to high temperatures. Moreover, the film will be used for a very short time, moreover, it is a combustible material, that is, it is fire hazardous..
- Steel sheet. There is such an option, but there is no place for it in the kitchen. And outwardly, this is not the most profitable material, and for the price it will cost you a lot. Moreover, the stainless steel panel is not cleaned very well.
- Glass. And you can find flaws in this material, but nevertheless it is used very often, which can be easily explained. Glass is not afraid of humidity and temperature changes, it is easy to install, any pattern fits perfectly, it is attractive in cost. And the backlit glass looks absolutely gorgeous! Well, the minus is the fragility of the material, it is, unfortunately, very easy to injure the glass.
There are other types of panels that can be considered separately..
PVC apron: what to say about this material
PVC panels are a very popular material for interior decoration, which is also used in the kitchen..
Chemically speaking, PVC is a mixture of ethylene, chlorine, as well as hydrogen and carbon. To improve the quality of the material, stabilizers and dyes are added to it during production, as well as special additives that affect its immunity to ultraviolet light..
PVC aprons are resistant to sunlight and moisture
There are several types of PVC panels:
- Rack narrow (lining);
- Sheet panels;
- Square tiles;
- Sandwich panels;
- Thermal printing;
- Offset printing;
- With a frieze;
- 3d panels.
This material – PVC or plastic – has its pluses and minuses..
Plastic wall panels for an apron: advantages and disadvantages
First, it is worth considering the clear advantages of plastic panels..
At the moment, aprons made of soft plastic made under a mosaic are quite popular.
Advantages of PVC panels:
- Durable, if you believe the manufacturer, who assures that their service life is at least 10 years;
- High temperature resistance;
- High moisture resistance;
- High soundproofing characteristics;
- Low weight of the panels;
- The ability to choose a variety of patterns, patterns, imitation;
- Low price.
Obviously, these advantages are already enough to pay attention to this material..
Cons of PVC panels:
- When heated and burned, they release substances that are unsafe for the human body;
- With a sharp temperature drop, they are prone to deformation;
- They are “afraid” of mechanical shocks;
- Pests can grow in the gap between the wall and the panels;
- Not always convincing in appearance, may look fake, cheap.
Of course, it is worth mentioning how to fix such panels. There are three popular fixing options: with the use of lathing, with the use of fastening clips and mounting plates, with the use of liquid nails glue.
Correct installation of PVC panels (video)
Decorative MDF panels
Wall panels made of MDF for an apron are used quite often, and it should be said that this is a reasonable choice..
The MDF panel has a wood texture that will undoubtedly fit into many styles: for example, country or loft
Judge for yourself, MDF panels:
- Very dense, hard, durable;
- It is a safe, environmentally friendly material, which cannot be said about the same plastic panels;
- These wall panels do not require special, special care;
- They are highly resistant to moisture;
- This is a fireproof material, which is very important in the kitchen;
- It is processed, thanks to which you can decorate it with a variety of drawings and images;
- Not afraid of fungi and mold;
- Easy to mount.
It is not necessary to install MDF wall panels on a perfectly flat surface..
Wall panels were stripped off in the kitchen
Skinali – this is how modern glass wall panels are called, which are distinguished by photo printing made with special equipment.
In addition to various patterns, images of nature can also induce an appetite in any person.
Tempered glass is made with photo printing, which allows you to create a variety of drawings, images, from classic to surreal.
Blurred abstraction is in vogue today, but if you are a conservative, then still lifes, floral images will be a good choice..
You can install such panels in any kitchen – they, thanks to the color and pattern, can create a variety of effects. For example, expand the space, make accents, play along with the dominant colors in the interior.
Waterproof wall panels in the kitchen (video)
Wall panels are not just a detail, they are a self-sufficient interior element that can be used for any decorative load. When choosing such panels, focus on the quality of the material, its strength, modernity, and whether it suits the image of your kitchen space.
Examples of wall panels for the kitchen for the apron (photo)