Topiary made of paper is beautiful, modern, subtle and not so complicated. Corrugated paper has become almost the subject of mass handicraft craze. This is, of course, a joke, but the popularity of crepe paper cannot be overlooked. More than one photo and video master class is devoted to crafts from corrugated paper: flowers, berries, leaves, stylish packaging and, of course, topiary. With your own hands from this textured paper you can make a tree of happiness with flowers, or a tree-heart as a gift to your beloved.
Diy corrugated paper topiary
Any topiary begins with the fact that you need to make a sphere or ball. The ball is the basis of the crown of the future tree. Of course, you can just buy a foam blank and not worry. But if you are interested in the purity of the experiment, you can do almost all the stages that make up the master class with your own hands.
The crown can be based not only on a ball, but also on a heart or any other figure.
How to make a ball – step by step instructions:
- To make a base ball, you will need a balloon and polyurethane foam.
- The balloon should be slightly inflated and placed on the tube of the foam balloon.
- Fill the ball, keeping track of its size, and then wait for the foam to harden. After five to seven hours, you can see the result.
- If you try to moisten the ball inside with water, the foam hardening process will accelerate.
- When the foam has dried, you need to remove the top layer from the ball. In every MK, this work is compared to peeling an orange – you really have to cut off the top layer, as if you are peeling a fruit.
Do not forget about handling foam with care: avoid contact with skin and eyes Practical advice: it would be nice to make not one ball, but several, so that you already have blanks for subsequent topiary
Removing the top layer of the ball is necessary in order to give it a more regular shape and remove all irregularities on the surface of the sphere.
Master class: corrugated paper asters (video)
Topiary heart made of corrugated paper: we do it step by step
Since the master class will continue to develop in almost the same direction, it is worthwhile to immediately talk about how to make the base of the heart. If the crown is not held by a ball, but by a heart, you must create this shape with your own hands..
Instructions: how to make a base-heart:
- This MK suggests following the good old papier-mâché technique. Tear the paper into pieces of different sizes, then soak it in a mixture of water and PVA glue.
- Wrap the heart-shaped form with foil – soap dish, powder box, children’s toy, etc..
- And you work according to the rules of the technique – layer by layer you glue the paper, covering the joints of one layer with a new paper.
- The more the number of layers, the better, although fanaticism, of course, the instruction does not require.
- Further, the structure must be allowed to dry well. If you have already seen a similar photo or video master class, then you probably noticed how the masters are in no hurry to proceed to the next stage..
- With a clerical knife, cut the structure very carefully in the middle, take out the item used for the base, and you see two halves of the heart that you made with your own hands.
At the heart of the heart there can be several layers of thick cardboard, and in the middle of the crown you can place a photo frame
And then you do it as it is convenient for you: one master class suggests working with each half separately, the other says that you need to glue them together immediately.
Roses from corrugated paper (video master class)
Crepe paper topiary: delicate decor
Most often, flowers are made from corrugated paper. Roses and peonies are the most favorite choice of the masters. Of course, making flower arrangements is a separate topic. If you want to make beautiful roses, watch more than one video, or let the photo instructions guide you in technique.
Corrugated paper roses are petals of different sizes that alternately surround a round base or petal roll. The petals are fixed with thread or tape. Due to the good stretching of the corrugated paper, the petal takes on a very natural look
So, let’s say you watched a video or photo master class, learned how to make roses. With your own hands, you need to make at least one and a half dozen flowers that will decorate the crown of the topiary.
As for the color, such paper topiary can be both cheerful and variegated, and delicate. For example, a cream or greenish-white topiary will be relevant in a light, soft interior. In the girl’s room, pink shades will probably be appropriate, and if you want freshness, a deep cornflower blue color will bring it..
MK: corrugated paper topiary: we form a tree
What should the master class tell you to do next? And then you make a crown with your own hands.
Depending on how the roses are made, the way they are attached may differ
- Harvested roses alternately very carefully, row by row with hot glue, stick on the ball base.
- Leave a hole for the barrel in advance. This is a sturdy tube that can also be wrapped in corrugated paper. And not necessarily green. For a delicate topiary, it can be white or pale pink. The barrel is inserted into the hole in the ball, fixed with glue.
- The tree is ready, it remains to make for him the same beautiful flowerpot. You can, of course, buy ready-made – with exquisite decor, stucco, etc. You can go further, today even on a flower pot you can print a photo, for example, of you and your half. Isn’t it an option? Well, you need to fill the pot with gypsum, into which the tree is planted.
The entire surface of the sphere should be filled with colors. It is advisable to try to do this without spaces.
Such paper topiary can also decorate small candies, wrapped in the same paper, and scattered over the top layer of plaster in a pot..
You can also create a whole crepe paper composition. For example, hang a beautiful ballerina next to the topiary. It is done simply: the silhouette of a ballerina is twisted from a wire, it is glued neatly with a mixture of toilet tissue and glue. And then the ballerina needs to be dressed up in a fluffy dress made of corrugated paper..
She can stand by the tree, sit side by side, in a word, the situation can be beaten. If you decide to create such a composition, shoot the process on video, and do not hide your master class – it can inspire others.!
Corrugated paper topiary: video master class
This master class will show in detail how you can make a do-it-yourself topiary from corrugated paper.
Part 1: crown decor (video)
Part 2: the supporting structure of the topiary (video)
Part 3: Final design (video)
Promotional videos or videos dedicated to the creation of topiary motivate beginners in this business to try themselves in this technique. And if you doubt whether you can create such a topiary yourself, be sure – the process is fascinating, interest only increases, and the result will delight for a long time.
Corrugated paper topiary (photo)