A rose topiary can decorate your home or office desk, it can serve as a romantic gift for a loved one. The most important question in this matter is how to choose roses for topiary. When it comes to artificial colors, you have a lot of options. There are only dozens of types of paper, and if each of them is used … the most interesting options are worth dwelling on..
Artificial rose topiary
One of the most popular “pink” topiary today is a souvenir tree made of sheet music. Moreover, they do not have to be white..
The paper that has turned yellow from time to time will give the tree a special vintage flavor
There are several ways to make roses from sheet music. Most often, petals are cut, several rows of different sizes. The first petal is twisted into a roll, the rest are wrapped around the roll. You need to fasten the petals with threads at the base..
Sometimes an alternative to sheet music is book pages with Latin letters.
Whether the bud is closed or open – your decision. As soon as you make the required number of roses, you can glue the base ball with them..
Happiness tree made of artificial roses, rununcus and ochideas (video master class)
Topiary of paper roses
Plain paper is also good for making roses. But it will have to be transformed! Paint or texture?
The following tips will help:
- Watercolor transitions. Take a sheet of watercolor paper and paint with colors of the same scale with smooth transitions. Then petals can be cut out of it..
- Brush and ruler. The old way is to dip an old toothbrush in paint and spray with a ruler..
- Natural dye. Potassium permanganate or beets are also a good option for painting paper..
- Foam sponge. Then the paper will have a certain visual texture..
For paper topiary, you can also use regular double-sided colored paper.
You can also glue the salt to the paper and crush it well. Well, then everything follows the familiar scenario – roses are made either by the “petals around a roll” method, or cut out with a snake. You can make a topiary of roses and satin ribbons with such flowers..
Cold porcelain topiary (video)
Roses for topiary from satin ribbons
Satin ribbons are a cheap and beautiful decor, which is also used in topiary.
How to make a rose from satin ribbons:
- Take a skewer and insert the end of the tape into the notch on the skewer;
- Wrap the tape a little on a skewer;
- Bend the tape in the direction away from you, with a corner, wind it on a skewer, holding it from below with your finger;
- Gradually form a rose with petals;
- The edge of the tape can be hemmed to the base or glued.
Making a rose from a satin ribbon in stages
If you want to create a wide crown of the topiary, the roses should be tall..
Corrugated paper roses for topiary
Corrugated paper or crepe paper is a great way to make flowers that are surprisingly lifelike. Including roses.
Corrugated paper roses are made like this: you cut many petals of different sizes from crepe paper. Inside the rose there will be either something round – for example, a candy or a plasticine ball, or a roll of corrugated paper. And then you need to gradually frame this roll with petals..
Crepe paper stretches well, making the petals very beautiful in shape
The petals are fastened with a thread at the base. Each petal can be twisted with a knitting needle, it will be even more natural.
Topiary made of corrugated paper “Roses”: step by step instructions
If the crepe paper roses are already ready, you can start making topiary
The technology for making roses from corrugated paper in different MK may differ
Such a tree is made as follows:
- A hole is made in the base ball of foam, where the barrel is inserted (a branch, an aluminum cable, etc.);
- The barrel is fixed in a ball with hot glue;
- Now you can paste over the ball itself, forming a crown – first, paint it in the color of a rose;
- Then, very carefully, glue the roses to the base with a thermal gun, avoiding gaps;
- Decorate the trunk and “plant” it in a pot filled with plaster;
- It remains only to decorate the pot itself.
The same crepe paper can be used as a pot decor, just wrap a regular flowerpot with corrugated paper, tying it with a ribbon on top
Dry rose topiary
Dried roses are also often used in the design of the crown of the topiary. Only now exclusively roses in the crown do not always look perfect..
If the flowers are well preserved, they will be enough, but if it seems to you that they should be diluted with something, then it may be roses from maple leaves
They are formed according to the same principle as other artificial roses: bent leaves frame a roll of leaves, like rose petals, at the base they are tied with threads. You will get a topiary made of dry gifts of nature, like the autumn decor looks great.
Floral topiary of live roses (video master class)
How to make roses from topiary napkins
There are many ways to turn a napkin into a rose, one of the most effective allows you to get neat buds.
How to make a rose from a napkin:
- Take a colored napkin, put a pencil on top of it;
- Wrap the napkin on the pencil, without tightening 4 cm to the end;
- Press a napkin with your finger that on a pencil, closer to the center, you get such an accordion, after which you can take out the pencil;
- The napkin should look like a skirt;
- Twist two skirts made in this way in a spiral around one another.
The base of the flower is fixed with a thread. When there are 10-15 such flowers, you can make topiary
Topiary from napkins “roses”: step by step instructions
You can take a topiary ball from a store with a styrofoam one. Or you can build it out of newspapers. Crumple the newspapers into a ball, saturate a little with PVA glue and tie with threads. You will get such a tight ball. You can paint it to match the tone of roses, or you can leave it in its original form, the main thing is the round shape.
Then proceed like this:
- Make a hole for the barrel immediately, so as not to accidentally glue it with flowers.
- After that, you can draw up the crown.. Napkins are fragile, so only the base needs to be glued. It is easier to use a heat gun to glue pointwise, but securely. Glue flowers without gaps.
- Next, make out the trunk. The easiest way is to wrap any hollow tube or, for example, a thick pencil, with a satin ribbon. Since you do wood, the ribbon can be brown or gold..
- Pot decor. You need to turn an ordinary flowerpot into a stylish pot. You can use the decoupage technique, and having found the necessary fragments with the same roses, glue the pot with them. Several layers of varnish, and the trees found their own flowerpot.
- Then you fill the pot with plaster.. Insert a trunk with a crown into a fresh gypsum, and hold it until the tree is fixed in its, let’s say, soil.
- The top layer of gypsum needs to be decorated. You can do this by placing satin ribbons gracefully there. And you can fill the pot on top with artificial stones, which looks very romantic in combination with delicate roses.
If you want, some rose petals can be decorated with rhinestones that will imitate rose droplets on a flower..
Topiary from napkins (video)
Topiary with roses is a beautiful tree that will be an excellent present. It can be used in photo shoots, to decorate bedside tables and window sills with it, as well as a romantic dinner. Experiment, come up with your own versions of roses, perhaps it will be lace or newspapers, who knows?
Enjoy your creativity!
Rose topiary (photo)