An artificial tree with a heart will become that extraordinary hand-made thing that will attract the eyes of guests and fill the atmosphere with coziness and warmth. For a long time, the heart represents love and tenderness. This symbol is present everywhere, whether it is an element familiar to everyone on household items or it may be an unusual coffee topiary presented to lovers for a holiday. Next, we offer you a master class on how to make a do-it-yourself topiary in the form of a heart from various materials.
DIY coffee heart topiary: master class
It is always nice to give something made with your own hands. They look unusual and cute in their own way, reminding you of the person who gave you a gift. Recently, coffee bean topiary has become very popular. Let’s look at mk how to make a heart-shaped coffee decor.
Coffee can be called a convenient material, since thanks to its small forms it is easy to fix, and due to its pleasant aroma, the craft looks even more unusual
For manufacturing you will need:
- Coffee beans;
- Cotton pads;
- Universal glue;
- Jute thread;
- Plastic pot;
- PVA glue;
- Thick wire;
- Brown gouache;
- Satin ribbons.
Heart-shaped coffee bean topiary can be made in different configurations
Master class for making a coffee composition:
- At the beginning of mk, we will make a cardboard heart template by drawing it with a pencil, and then cut it out with scissors. The simpler the template, the easier it will be to further make the composition..
- Cotton pads will be needed in order to make a three-dimensional figure. Gently wet the disks with PVA glue, put them on the cardboard blank to the desired volume.
- Then you should tie the workpiece with ordinary threads and leave to dry..
- As everything dries, it is better to paint the product with brown gouache so that the base is of a uniform color..
- While everything is drying, you can make a trunk for the heart. Taking the wire, twist it as you like, and carefully wrap the entire trunk with a jute thread, fixing the edge well.
- Let’s go back to the workpiece, in the center of the heart we will fix the loop from the tape and, starting from the edge to the center, we will fix the coffee to the base with the help of universal glue. To avoid gaps, it is better to place the coffee as tightly as possible. The grains can be glued in the form of some kind of pattern, or they can also be arranged with their butt ends. The reverse side must be done in the same way..
- At the end of the MK work, we start assembling the topiary. We lower the barrel to the bottom of the plastic pot and fill it with a solution of putty, alabaster or gypsum. The mixture must completely solidify..
- As soon as everything is dry, we decorate the surface of the pot, for this we grease the main part with glue and sprinkle it with coffee beans on top. Next, it remains to hang a coffee heart and the craft is ready. You can complement the composition with a bow and various beads..
The heart can be suspended from the trunk or fixed from the top
This master class showed that making a coffee accessory with your own hands is not difficult at all. Putting all your love and diligence into such a product, you will give a lot of positive emotions to yourself or the person to whom you will present this beauty.
Heart of coffee beans (video)
Topiary “heart”: we make from organza (photo MK step by step)
To make organza topiary, you will need a standard set for topiary, with the exception of the crown-ball: here the heart is taken as the basis We connect a blank made of thick cardboard with a base stick and give the heart the desired volume using crumpled paper, padding polyester or cotton wool After all the heart is pasted over, we level the surface with napkins or cotton pads (planting on PVA) and strengthen the structure with dense turns of threads. It is advisable to paint the base to match the coffee We cut the organza into identical squares with a side of about 5 cm.For a beautiful and lush product, there should be a lot of squares Fold the organza square in half diagonally twice Then we bend the corner on one side and on the arc side We apply hot glue to the workpiece, apply the resulting element and fix it until the glue hardens Thus, we paste over the contour of our heart Next, fill the base with organza decor, moving from the edges to the middle, the main stage is over We take a flower pot, fix the trunk of the future topiary in it with cement, plaster or putty, pouring the mixture into 1/3 of the pot. The remaining space can be filled with polyurethane foam, cotton wool or foam We decorate the crown and base to your liking The product is ready
DIY heart-shaped topiary: fabric master class
Now let’s look at another mk how to make a topiary heart from fabric with our own hands.
Also for fabric topiary, you can choose tulle – a delicate mesh material that easily takes the desired shape
In the course of work, you will need:
- Cotton wool;
- Silk or organza;
- Wooden skewers;
- Plastic pot;
- Universal glue;
- Gypsum mortar.
For the manufacture of topiary, the heart can be cut out of foam
Master class for making a composition from silk:
- At the beginning of the mk, you need to make a cardboard blank, cut out two templates for the heart of the same size and glue them together. To give the figure volume, wrap it with cotton wool and rewind it with threads. Then we put a red napkin on the prepared surface and cover it with water and PVA, so that it sticks better to the cotton wool.
- For the stem, take three sticks and rewind them together. To fix the stem, you need to cut a small hole in the cardboard base and glue it first to one layer, and finish with the second on top..
- Next, let’s start making decorative elements – silk flowers. To do this, cut out 3-4 circles of different diameters from red fabric. Then you need to scorch the sides of the circles with fire. Now we will collect the flower by folding 3-4 different circles, and fix the middle with a loop with a white bead. Now that everything is ready, let’s proceed to the final design. We glue fabric flowers to the base, in the center we try to place the larger ones, and the smaller ones from the edges, with the smallest we close the remaining gaps.
Foam blanks for topiary are sold ready-made. They are smoother, but too hard, due to which they are not so comfortable to use.
By the end of the micron, it is recommended to wrap the stem with tape or threads. Then pour the plaster solution into a pot, fix the stem in it and leave it to dry completely. It remains to decorate the ground and add various elements as desired.
Silk flowers for topiary: master class (video)
A do-it-yourself heart-shaped topiary can be made not only from coffee and fabric, but also from other various materials, such as coins, cones or napkins, as previously described in the master class. Topiary made of coffee will perfectly fit for kitchen decor, and a fabric accessory can be presented for any occasion. The main thing, when making such artificial trees, do not forget to show your imagination in full force, then the topiary will become the subject of everyone’s attention..
Topiary “heart” (photo)