In order for the scales to serve for a long time and without errors, their choice should be taken seriously. Kitchen scales are not something vital. Usually they are bought after the main household appliances. However, they will not be superfluous anyway. But which scales to choose – electronic or mechanical? How not to get confused in all the variety of this technique on the market? This is worth understanding in more detail..
Some models of kitchen scales can weigh not only milligrams, but also milliliters.
Why do we need scales in the kitchen and how to choose them
Some people believe that a scale is unnecessary for the kitchen. In doing so, they forget, that this piece of household appliances has a lot of advantages: Everyone determines the purpose of the kitchen scale for himself.
- with the help of scales, you can weigh gold jewelry and medicines;
- some exotic dishes require careful weighing, which can be achieved using kitchen scales;
- using the scales, you can accurately find out the amount of calories you need if there is a goal to lose weight;
Also, kitchen scales should have a number of specific features that you should pay attention to when buying them..
Scale selection rules (video)
Maximum weighing parameter
This sign is one of the most important. Therefore, you need to consider the following points:
- a weight of two kilograms will be sufficient for a family of two;
- it must be remembered that guests may come at any time, and the above weight is simply not enough;
- if you make preparations for the winter, but the maximum weight of five kilograms is perfect.
The appearance of mechanical scales can be very diverse. It is believed that electronic scales are more accurate in their readings.
Approximate data when weighing is definitely not needed by anyone. Therefore, it is necessary to buy a device with a minimum weighing error. What are the features of this sign? Mainly:
- electronic devices should allow an error of no more than 2 grams. However, many believe that accuracy down to 10 grams is considered quite normal;
- the error of a mechanical balance is determined using one division.
Which scales to choose? (video)
According to the type of control, sensor-based scales are best suited. They are much easier to keep clean and comfortable. The main advantage is that they have nowhere to accumulate dirt. Also, many housewives are pleased with the quite reasonable price..
The sensory type of kitchen scale control is most acceptable for housewives.
Design and materials
The design and material of kitchen scales also need to focus their own attention.. Modern models are made from materials such as:
- durable plastic.
In fact, it doesn’t really matter what the material itself will be. Design plays the main role here – whether it fits into the overall interior of the kitchen or not.
For example, a model with metal details is perfect for a high-tech interior..
Thin scale models are gaining popularity today. They are compact, lightweight and easy to use..
Electronic scales can operate on batteries, which are regarded as a power source. There may be other options. There are many models:
- some devices have a flat surface on which you can usually put a container with products in it;
- other scales have a thicket in which all food can be placed for weighing.
Scales with a bowl are convenient in that it is easy to weigh small piece, liquid and bulk products in them. On the flat surface of the electronic scale, you can place food that is larger than it
The first option is considered the best, since which containers to select is up to you. The removable bowl needs additional care.
They are best suited for weighing bulk and liquid products..
The minimum step of the threshold – it is worth focusing on it when buying electronic scales for the kitchen. This parameter should be as small as possible.
Some electronic scales have an automatic shutdown function. This is necessary in order to save battery resources when the device is not in use..
It is necessary not to forget about the limit value of the weight of food that is weighed on the scales. This parameter should not exceed 5 kilograms and fall below one.
Some electronic models have a sequential weighing function. Its essence lies in the fact that several ingredients can be added to the dishes one by one at once, while zeroing the weight after each.
Although manufacturers talk about the perfection of kitchen scales, in reality this is not always the case. The calorie content of products is determined using only a certain list of products, which is stored in the memory of an electronic scale. Their cost is much higher than usual, and their functionality is questioned..
Almost all models of electronic scales are equipped with a sequential weighing function.
Such electronic models are also produced, with the help of which you can properly follow a diet. This is possible thanks to the built-in computer and calorie counter..
Be sure to pay attention to such an important parameter as the legs of the scales. They must be rubberized to avoid scratching the floor..
The material from which these electronic devices are made is distinguished by its diversity.. This could be:
- strained glass;
In addition, many electronic models will fit into the interior without any problems..
Read the detailed instructions before using the balance. They are placed on a smooth surface for maximum weighing accuracy..
Electronic scales (video)
The main features of mechanical scales the following can be named:
- the price is much lower than electronic;
- since they work without batteries, they will not fail at the right time;
- the maximum weight is the largest number on the scale of the regulator;
- a mechanical scale acts as a counterweight for the load.
Mechanical scales can be of two types:
- Classic. A set of weights is required for classic mechanical scales. If you decide to choose this particular device, then remember that these scales have a rather old design..
- Modern. This option will be much better than the classic one. Modern mechanical devices have versatility and elegance that allows them to fit perfectly into the interior of the kitchen..
Mechanical scales of the classic type have the old design Modern mechanical scales are quite versatile. Often, mechanical scales can impersonate electronic
Types of scales
Mechanical scales and their advantages
Mechanical devices have a number of advantages:
- low work requirements;
- the design is very diverse. Based on this parameter, you need to figure out which model is best to choose.
Mechanical models of scales
There are many models of mechanical scales on the market. Which one is best for the kitchen?
- this company is the leader in its sales in European countries;
- manufacturers provide German quality and Swedish assembly accuracy;
- excellent design;
Retro 1901 KG EKS / 4
- there are no sharp corners;
- 20 grams – such is the weighing accuracy on these scales;
French model Tradition 500
- Execution in a classic style made of stainless steel;
- various body options;
- error up to 10 grams;
- compact size;
- The material from which this mechanical device is made is natural rubber wood;
- weight limit for weighing – 7 kilograms.
Soehnle balances are the bestseller in European countries Salter 105 models are made from rubber wood Scales Gipfel have the most detailed instructions
- The scales are made in different colors, but the arrow remains invariably red;
- the weight of the device does not exceed 350 grams.
- The main difference from other models is the large and clear numbers;
- adjustment is done manually;
- one division is 25 grams.
- Made of stainless steel;
- comprehensive instructions are provided;
- there is a built-in LED backlight;
- special rubber feet prevent scratching the floor.
Kitchen scales (video)
Both electronic and mechanical scales have advantages and disadvantages. Which device to choose, each person must decide for himself. The tips in this article make it much easier to choose.