A compact ladder for universal use can be transformed into several types of structures. It is up to the owner to decide which ladder to choose so that it does not take up much space, but is easy to use, and most importantly safe. Transformers stairs are necessary not only at the enterprise, but also at home, in the country, in the garage, in the office, in the archive or in the library. Using the ladder, you can perform as finishing work, electrical repair work, replacing a light bulb, whitewashing, replacing curtains or much more..
Recommendations: how to choose a transforming staircase for the house
All types of stairs are aimed at one thing – to facilitate the work of a person, to raise him to a certain height to perform any work.
The versatility of transformer step-ladders allows them to be widely used for household needs, repair and other works.
The functionality of the stairs directly depends on their design..
Designs can be:
- L-shaped position;
- Stepladder or L-shaped position;
- Stepladder with a cantilever departure;
- U-shaped position or bridge;
- Universal modifications;
- Folded state.
Before choosing one or another staircase configuration, it is necessary to take into account its dimensions and direct purpose..
Not a single person has yet been renovated. But, for high-quality repair work, not only finishing materials are needed, but also special tools, devices and structures. One of the important structures for renovation work is a staircase..
The choice of a ladder puts many by surprise, because when choosing, it is necessary to take into account many factors, such as dimensions, length, working height, strength, load, number of sections and steps, material, insulation, specifics, design features.
The most popular today are transforming stairs..
They are divided into main types, such as:
Before buying any transforming staircase, you need to consider the nuances.
- The presence of a passport for the stairs with compliance with GOST and a passed factory safety test.
- The presence of strong ties and connecting nodes, they must be firmly fixed, since the strength and safety of the structure depends on their quality.
- The presence of corrugated and dielectric coating on the steps. This coating is necessary when performing work with electrical wiring, live electrical equipment.
- The structure should not stagger, when it is decomposed on a flat surface, it should not have deflections and irregularities.
- No deformation, cracks, poorly tightened bolts.
- The presence of additional functionality – these are rack extensions, supports, auxiliary elements, elements for securing cargo, spare parts.
- Warranty card, to eliminate product defects that appeared during operation, respectively, during the warranty period.
When choosing a ladder, it is important to take into account the load that the structure or individual step must withstand. The maximum load must be set at the factory and entered in the passport of the purchased ladder.
Domestic transforming staircase Eiffel Classic for everyone
The transforming staircase Eiffel Classic was specially designed by compatriots for convenience in construction and household work. Suitable for both professionals in their field and for amateur repairmen.
Reliable, durable and versatile are the products of the Eiffel Stair Factory, which are developed and produced by the specialists of this company.
Such a ladder is convenient to use, differs in obvious practicality from other models, does not rust and is safe to use, since it has anti-slip plugs and a corrugated surface on the steps.
Some manufacturers include seat belts and additional supports.
Has a range of step modifications:
- 2×3 + 2×4;
- 2×4 + 2×5;
- 2×5 + 2×6.
The new metal ladder can withstand loads of up to 150 kg and is suitable for working at heights up to 6.5 meters.
Made of anodized aluminum, which gives lightness and strength to the structure. The anodized layer on the aluminum surface is a protective layer against corrosion, creating a thick film on it for hardness and aesthetic appearance. Aluminum with anodized surface does not lose its properties and does not have a strong metallic odor.
Convenient staircase-transformer Eiffel Space for finishing work
The Eiffel Prostor (or Premier) model is a universal staircase suitable for finishing works of any complexity. The main feature is the width, which is 51 cm, which is perfect for working in the positions of the platform and for the location of equipment and tools necessary for work..
To facilitate the performance of work at height on a construction site, manufacturers have released a specially designed model for this.
The Prostor model has a maximum height of 7.5 m, which is mainly used by plasterers and painters, as well as when working at heights of 2.88 m, 3 m, 3.55 m, 4.4 m.
The number of steps can include:
- 2×5 + 2×6.
Since the design is universal, you can change its configuration by folding it into a double-sided or attached ladder.
It is possible to retrofit the structure with a moisture-resistant anti-slip platform, thereby increasing its area. The fittings of the structure are made of galvanized aluminum, which provides protection against corrosion, an increase in surface hardness, wear resistance and ductility.
The connection of the ladder components is riveted, which ensures safety during operation of oscillatory, vibrating, with abruptly changing direction loads. There is also a reinforced frame.
The warranty period for the Eiffel Expanse stairs is on average 2 g. Country of origin RF.
Centaure Aluminum French Convertible Staircase
Centaure convertible staircase designed in France.
Centaure is a French company widely known for its inventions and innovative solutions in the production of aluminum stairs.
One of the advantages of this ladder is that it is compact, easy to unfold and easy to transport..
Standard load-bearing up to 150 kg.
The stairs of the French company are of several types:
- Universal, type A with 4×3 steps;
- 3-in-1 transformer with a height of 2.59 m, which can be used as a simple, ladder, step-ladder and scaffold;
- Stepladder type A with a height of 4.65 m, which can be used as a simple ladder, extension and scaffold;
- Stepladder type A with a height of 5.82 m and the number of steps 4×5;
- Stepladder telescopic type T, the length of which varies from 3 to 5 m;
- Three-section W-type ladder;
- Retractable cable ladder, PEC type.
French manufacturers offer constructions of transformer stairs made of steel and aluminum without any coating, which leads to the fact that hands get dirty, while the metal is corrosive, fragile and devoid of aesthetics. Do-it-yourself assembly is problematic, since assembly instructions may not be included in the package.
Compact chair-ladder transformer for everyday life
The most indispensable in everyday life is a chair-ladder transformer. The wooden stool ladder was invented by Roberton Campbell in 1774 and used in homes and libraries. Now such a ladder chair can not only be useful in everyday life, but also be unusual in the interior, and be used as a highchair..
Small stepladders are very useful in the kitchen and are much more convenient than a loose stool.
The material from which the transforming chair can be made is:
- A tree that will not only be environmentally friendly, but also easily fit into any interior of the room. Such a stool is easy to make yourself, even from LSPTD or chopped wood. Manufacturing drawings can be found in the instructions, there is also a description of the ladder chair.
- Metal, such a structure will serve for a long time in damp and damp rooms, outdoors, well suited for a summer residence. Metal is much stronger and more resistant than wood, and also does not require careful maintenance if the metal is coated with an anti-corrosion coating.
- A combo ladder chair made of metal and wood, which is easy to make yourself, is well suited for a child’s room and kitchen. However, if you do not have the ability to carpentry, then it is better to perform such work under the order of a carpenter-technologist for a fee..
The ladder chair has the following types: a transforming chair, a high step stool, a ladder chair, a step stool with a spiral module.
In the store, basically, you can step-ladders-stools from manufacturers in Russia, Italy, China, both made of wood, metal, and combined materials, including plastic, but a homemade stool at home will look much better.
Multifunctional transformer ladder Sibin from Russia
Multifunctional transformer ladder Sibin made in Russia has a maximum load of up to 150 kg.
Universal transformer ladder SIBIN is an indispensable assistant in household and repair work
It is as safe as possible in operation, because it has a stable position with the help of wide:
- Corrugated steps;
- Anti-slip support tips;
- And a strong connection of the steps with the sidewalls.
The ladder is made of aluminum alloy and high quality plastic, which will not burst at low temperatures and deform at high temperatures..
Also has 3 working positions – stepladder, ladder and platform.
As a standard, the staircase includes 4×3 steps, with a height of one section of 94 cm.
Choosing a hinged transforming ladder for work at height
An articulated ladder can serve as a lifting device for performing work at height, due to its peculiarity, it can combine several simple types of ladders, such as a step-ladder, a platform and an attached.
Robust construction combined with high quality materials ensures ease of use and ease of use
With the help of such a ladder, you can perform high-rise work of varying complexity. The structure is a stairway that connects the mechanism, the hinge and, in some cases, the platforms of the flooring.
The hinged ladder is made of a steel, aluminum or combined profile, which consists of steel mechanisms and aluminum elements.
Of the popular models of the articulated ladder, the products of the company Krause, Master Instrument, Alyumet stand out..
Krause offers a ladder with:
- 4 moving planes;
- 4 steps on each of them;
- Carrying capacity up to 150 kg;
- Unfolded height up to 5 m.
Such a steel ladder can be double-sided, attached or folding.
The Master Instrument company offers a hinged ladder with dimensions from 2 m to 8 m, maximum load up to 150 kg. Each plane has 6 anti-slip grooved feet.
The Alyumet company offers a staircase structure with 4×3 steps. Maximum ladder height 3.46 m.
Transforming ladder: reviews
Based on customer reviews, you can make a certain rating.
Transformer ladders are convenient and multifunctional designs that are unpretentious in operation and easy to store
- Transforming ladders manufactured by Sibin are no worse than similar foreign structures, they are sold at an affordable price and are safe to use..
- Transforming stairs of the French manufacturer Centaure have a double opinion. To some buyers, such a ladder seemed light, easy to use, and to others it was a low-quality fake, parts of which broke down..
- The staircase from the World of Instruments company is suitable for giving, as they have a thin and light profile. This ladder is easy to carry from place to place.
- Eiffel and Krause ladders are considered the most reliable and pleasant to use. However, the Eiffel staircase is considered more constructional, while Krause is more professional..
However, it is up to you to decide which one is the best, there are such brands of manufacturers as Inforce, Rigger, Intertool (0028), Castorama (En131), Zarges, Corda, Stabilo, Alpe, Ufuk, Sadko, OLX, Startul, Vira.
Transforming ladder (video)
When choosing a universal transforming ladder or a stool ladder, make sure that it is safe, that the seller has the necessary documents, because a poorly made construction can lead to a fall and disruption of planned affairs.