A kitchen combined with a loggia saves a lot of free space, which is very important for small rooms It is necessary to think about combining a loggia with a kitchen at the planning stage. Joining a loggia or balcony to the kitchen opens up many possibilities for creating different types of kitchens: kitchen-living room, kitchen-dining room, kitchen-bar. Using a balcony will increase the space of a small kitchen. The large kitchen allows you to play with the space. In order for the new kitchen to be comfortable and usable, you should pay attention to its insulation. If you follow all the rules and recommendations, the kitchen will turn out to be bright and spacious. It is important not to be afraid to show imagination and experiment..
Kitchen and loggia: combining according to all the rules
Connecting a kitchen to a loggia seems like a simple option to increase living space. If the loggia and the kitchen are small enough, a reasonable solution would be to remove the window opening between the rooms, insulate the floor and glaze the loggia with high quality. The next step is the design and arrangement of the space..
The best solution would be to place the cooking area on the loggia: all the rest of the fittings can be placed in another, adjacent room
What can not be done when combining a kitchen with a loggia:
- Heating radiators cannot be placed on the balcony. However, if the balcony and the kitchen are small, it will be good enough to insulate, seal and install high-quality windows in a new room.
- You can not take the stove to the balcony. This is contrary to safety precautions and will cause a refusal to redevelop..
- You can not take home appliances to the loggia. Because of this, problems may arise with redevelopment and its legalization..
There are many options for equipping the kitchen and expanding its space, for example, installing a soft corner on the loggia for comfort, placing mirror panels in the window opening to visually expand the space.
How to connect a loggia with a kitchen (video)
Balcony combined with kitchen: legal resolution of the issue
The redevelopment of the kitchen must be approached responsibly, because it is a matter of legal permission. Before starting work on the demolition of the partition, you need to make sure that all documents have been checked and have proper confirmation of the legality of the actions taken.
After contacting the BTI, you will be drawn up a new apartment plan that will meet your wishes
Stages of actions aimed at legalization:
- It is necessary to contact the BTI. A special technical worker will be sent from there, who will fix the changes in order to issue a new technical passport. He must also issue a receipt that confirms the compliance of the work with the date of preparation of the documents..
- After a while, a new apartment plan will be issued.
- In order for a special organization to issue a conclusion that the redevelopment did not cause any negative consequences, it is necessary to contact it with the old and new apartment plan. An expert will go to the site to make a check. The documents will be ready in one to two weeks.
- The new layout will need to be coordinated with the SES. It is necessary to provide a plan for the new layout and answer questions. In case of a positive answer, the plan will be signed and stamped.
Obtaining permission for redevelopment can take a long time, and also waste a lot of nerves. But you need to collect all your patience, since without these procedures you cannot expect a successful outcome of the case..
The collection of additional documents involves:
- Providing a certificate of the full composition of the family;
- Providing a certificate that the house is not an architectural monument;
- Provision of a personal account, which is issued by the house management;
- Providing signatures of consent to the redevelopment of all family members registered in the apartment.
Collecting the necessary documents is a rather lengthy process: but if you really want to connect the loggia with the kitchen, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort
All collected documents must be submitted to the court, which will make its decision on the legality of the planned redevelopment.
Possible technologies and options for combining kitchen and loggia
When combining a kitchen with a loggia, two options are most often used. The first option involves completely eliminating the partition. In this case, there is an absolute unification of space. The second option – the wall is partially removed, thus, the zoning of the kitchen and loggia occurs.
If we connect the loggia and the kitchen strictly according to the instructions, the repair will be done efficiently and effortlessly..
The passage between the kitchen and the loggia can be designed in the form of an arch
Technology for combining kitchen and loggia:
- It is necessary to dismantle the windows and doors. Due to the fact that the barrier will be destroyed, the glazing of the loggia will remain the only protection against the penetration of cold. Therefore, double-glazed windows should be used with two or three chambers..
- It is necessary to completely dismantle the fence: doorway, threshold, window frame and pedestal under the window sill.
- It is advisable to install underfloor heating in the new room, as the new space will require additional heating. It is better to lay the floor over the entire surface, fill it with a screed and tiling.
- Wall insulation should be continued from the side of the balcony and parapet. With the help of polyurethane foam, it is necessary to completely isolate all cracks and holes on the loggia. For insulation, several layers of foam and foam are used.
- After insulation, it is necessary to erect a lathing from a wooden bar or an aluminum profile. Lay drywall on top. This is followed by the final finishing..
When combining a kitchen and a loggia, you can follow some useful tips.
The best type of underfloor heating would be a water underfloor heating option. It can be connected directly to the central heating system. While electric underfloor heating comes out quite expensive to use.
A water floor is similar in quality to an electric floor, but it is noticeably cheaper than its more expensive counterpart.
All technical issues should be approached very responsibly, the quality and durability of the entire space depends on their performance..
How to insulate a balcony combined with a kitchen
After the connected balcony and kitchen form a single space, the entire area will be exposed to the penetration of cold through the balcony windows. Therefore, you should make high-quality insulation outside and inside the apartment. If the performance of thermal insulation work is impossible for some reason, it is important to make every effort for internal insulation.
The choice of thermal insulation materials should be taken very seriously..
An ideal option for insulating a loggia would be a cork tree: it does not burn and is not subject to mechanical stress
For insulation of the balcony, it is recommended to choose refractory, strong materials. It is better to abandon the use of foam, it is highly flammable and, when exposed to fire, releases toxic substances.
For high-quality insulation throughout the space, heat-insulating materials should be laid on all surfaces of the floor, ceiling and walls. First, a vapor barrier, an insulating layer, and then a waterproofing film are applied to the pre-built frame. Walls and all cracks should be sealed with a special sealant or polyurethane foam..
Mineral wool boards and extruded polystyrene foam are considered to be high-quality and easy-to-use materials for thermal insulation. Their use saves a significant amount of space..
This type of work should be given special attention, otherwise the room from a cozy and equipped one can turn into a cold and unsuitable for life.
After the completion of all the technical work, pleasant and interesting work on the arrangement of a new space for work and rest is ahead. There are no restrictions on the choice of finishing materials, interior planning and design choices..
Technology for combining a kitchen with a loggia (video)
In the modern world, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with modern trends in apartment furnishing. However, the combination of a loggia and a room into a common space has become widespread. Deciding to join these zones can be tricky and questionable. However, with a detailed study of the problem, you can make sure that everything is real, but with some effort. Therefore, before proceeding with the main type of work, you should develop an exact plan for future redevelopment, obtain permission for its execution and start making the kitchen of your dreams.
Kitchen combined with a loggia (photo)