A mosaic panel is a real work of art: you can even make such masterpieces with your own hands. Of course, making a mosaic panel is a jewelry work. That is why many centuries ago this kind of art was highly valued in any sense of the word. And today, the panel is not a conveyor belt, but an artistic image, which in itself seems to be an illusion, an attempt to explain the structure of the world, the interconnection of all its details..
Branded panels from Bisazza and Sicis have once again drawn attention to mosaic in the interior, and there are many opportunities to make it an elegant part of your home..
Mosaic panels: manufacturing techniques
One of the most popular types of mosaic panels today is a photo from fragments. This corresponds to the principles of creating a mosaic, and at the same time – very modern, understandable, and will fit into any interior.
The larger the number of pieces, the more original the mosaic will look
How to make such a matrix mosaic panel:
- First, select the drawing that will be the basis of your panel;
- After that, the drawing needs to be digitized, and in a special program, create a scheme for performing this composition;
- You can also divide it into many large pieces to give the impression of large strokes;
- If you use large pieces, there will be an interesting effect of smooth transitions from one color scheme to another..
Mosaic pictures from a photo are, perhaps, the simplest thing, something that a person who has never been involved in artistic work can cope with. Making a composition of ceramics, stone and colored glass is a more difficult task, but it is also valued higher..
Mosaic floor panel: what is it
Modern mosaic floor panels are an alternative to simple floor coverings. It is difficult to surprise someone today even with a very expensive laminate, but the mosaic image on the floor is a high taste.
Not only can you lay out a mosaic on the wall, but also on the floor. Moreover, the effect will be even more interesting. Not in every place in the house a mosaic floor panel will be appropriate, because it turns out that it is this place that you accentuate.
Most popular floor mosaic themes: flowers, animals or abstract patterns
What can such a panel be made of on the floor:
- From tiles;
- Made of stone (artificial and natural);
- From ceramics;
- From granite;
- From porcelain stoneware, etc..
The easiest way to make such a panel on the floor is to use standard blanks, where the desired pattern is applied according to the principle of photo printing. What is good about this technology is the ability to quickly and efficiently produce interesting modern canvases..
Mosaic panels in the interior of the apartment (video)
Frescoes and panels in the interior
That which, it would seem, has long gone somewhere in the museum interiors, is returning to fashion. So, mosaics and frescoes again return to the appearance of a modern home..
Frescoes as panels in a modern interior:
- A fresco is painting on wet plaster. They can be a background, or a semantic accent on the wall. It depends, of course, on the size of the image, and on the framing of this image, and on what shades are used. And, of course, what is suitable for the bathroom will look ridiculous in the living room..
- Previously, it was difficult to do without a professional artist, today there is no need to look for a master, everything can be ordered with home delivery. You can order a fresco in the form of a still life, landscape, portrait, abstraction.
- The fresco can be bought ready-made, and framed so that it turns out to be a framed panel.
Thanks to the fresco, you can get a more detailed image on the panel.
If you need to decorate a large wall, then the most preferable option would be a fresco on a non-woven fabric. That is, an elastic plaster is applied to the non-woven using a special technology, and frescoes are glued to it..
There are several types of non-woven frescoes:
- First view, where the image is applied by printing on different printers;
- Second view, where a more complex, multi-stage technology is used, with the use of special formulations, etc..
The master usually covers the surface of the drawing with craquelure, this is a special composition that helps to artificially “age” the image.
There are several types of textures for modern frescoes: Mistral, Sand, Cracks Gold, Cracks Diamond, Quartz, Keramo, etc..
Where are such murals appropriate? In almost any spacious interior, in elegant living rooms, in spacious hallways. You can also order a fresco for the kitchen, but only the kitchen should be made, at least, in a classic style..
DIY mosaic panel for the bathroom
However, the same option is also suitable for the kitchen. Only for the bathroom is suitable, for example, the theme “waterfall”, and for the kitchen – “flowers”, “gastronomy”, etc..
What is required to create a mosaic:
- Mosaic sheets on a special grid (in specialty stores);
- Special adhesive for ceramics / mosaics;
- Rubber spatula;
- Plastic spacers;
- Tile grout;
- Spatula comb;
- Solution container;
- Regular sponge.
It is better to use glass or mirror as a basis for the panel.
First, markings must be applied to the prepared wall. Prepared means clean. Next, you need to mix the solution in the container, in which there will be glue, cement and water. How exactly to knead, you can read on the packaging of the glue. If you are making a glass mosaic panel, you need special glue and no cement.
The comb spatula is used to apply the adhesive to the wall. You can also apply an adhesive solution to the back of the mosaic sheet to make the panel more durable..
When one sheet is attached, insert spacers, glue the next to the wall. Be guided by the markup.
When all sheets are fixed, you need to rub the seams. Dissolve the grout with water, and apply to the entire surface of the panel with a rubber spatula. Fill in all the gaps between the pieces. Then go over with a spatula again, remove excess mixture. Wait for the grout to dry. Wash off the rest of the mass with a damp sponge from the mosaic. Ready!
Mosaic panel production (video)
The mosaic panel is the attraction of the traditions of the past to the task of creating a modern interior, where every detail is thought out, an interior made with taste. But ordering a ready-made mosaic, or doing it on your own, is a matter of financial capabilities and creativity..
Have a wonderful makeover for your home!
Examples of mosaic panels (photo)