Loft style – street spirit in your kitchenLoft is a mix of old and new. If we talk about the peculiarities of the interior, then this is a combination of brick with glass, plaster with metal, plank floor with ultra-modern technology. And if you implement a loft-style kitchen design as competently as possible, then it can take root in an ordinary apartment, not very large, but with an open plan.
Who prefers loft style
Loft-style kitchen is most popular with young families Brickwork is one of the fundamental features of a loft kitchen Every person has the right to choose for himself what he likes best. Everyone has their own preferences, and everyone can be an adherent of a certain style.. If we talk about the loft style, then it can be attributed to such people:
- Economical people, because this style implies a minimum of costs. The better the style will be emphasized, the simpler the finish will appear outwardly. There is no need to install expensive furniture here, and all pieces of furniture that have already been in the house can perfectly fit this style;
- For owners of apartments, the layout of which is considered to be open, where there are ceilings, the height of which is not less than three meters, windows from floor to ceiling, and there are no partitions;
- Bohemians. It is artists, designers, architects, actors and so on that prefer this style, because in such an interior it is convenient to arrange exhibitions and various parties;
- Young people, the lifestyle of which this style fully reflects. In this style, youth representatives emphasize their rejection of banality and conventional wisdom;
Applying the features of the loft style in the interior of the kitchen, it is important to embody all your brightest fantasies, easily and simply decorating the room.
Features of loft finishes
The spirit of urbanism in everything – this is about a loft-style kitchen If you plan to use a tree, then be sure to rough it Simplicity can also be beautiful and has even become a separate style.
The main feature of the loft style in the interior of the kitchen, regardless of whether this kitchen is large or small, is that finishing does not require impressive cash costs.. But if you really adhere to this style, then:
- The ceiling of a loft-style kitchen should be dazzling white. This feature creates the illusion of a sense of light and spaciousness;
- Walls should be bare brick or smooth concrete. If there is no way to make the walls bare in the apartment, it is worth imitating the masonry;
- All other surfaces can be coated with a white emulsion or, in this case, use coarse plaster..
While adhering to the loft style in the interior of the kitchen, it is important to remember that in the decoration of the kitchen you can not pay much attention to detail. The thing is that the simpler the walls have, the better the style itself will manifest..
- The floor, if it is made of wood, is best cycled and covered with clear varnish. Skirting boards in this case should be painted to match the walls in order to merge;
- Partitions can be made of glass blocks. You can make one wall brighter against the background of a brick interior, so it will isolate a certain area;
Loft style furniture
Loft-style kitchen furniture is made in accordance with the ideology of style and perfectly complements it The main rule of using furniture in the interior of a loft-style kitchen is harmony from the opposite. Furniture can be absolutely any, however, preference is given to rare representatives who still served grandmothers. It can be various shelves, tables, if a bathroom is made in this style, then it can be a bathtub on its feet, and so on..
The interiors of kitchens made in this style may contain a metal serving table on wheels. Antique chairs, which are upholstered in leather, will perfectly fit into such an interior. But, despite the presence of antique pieces of furniture, a modern plasma TV with a large diagonal will perfectly fit into such an interior..
If you make a loft-style kitchen, then it can contain both a heaped steel plate and a retro refrigerator in its interior. It can also be a kitchen apron made of stainless steel and a kitchen made in the form of an island.
Loft style kitchen accessories
Stainless steel sink, antique faucet and brick lined apron – an incredible combination
When it comes to arranging a loft-style kitchen, your head can be spinning, accessories can be so varied. In order to emphasize the originality of the loft-style kitchen, you can use non-standard accessories such as road signs, posters with advertisements, etc..
If you like more classic furniture – no problem! Even she will successfully fit into the interior This loft-style kitchen is located in Manhattan and conveys all the canons of the direction with maximum accuracy.
If the landlord decides to decorate the kitchen with paintings, adhering to the loft style, then it is worth sticking to abstraction. It doesn’t matter at all whether it is a modern abstraction or a picture enclosed in an old frame. Often, the owners of such apartments in similar styles simply prefer to place paintings on the floor, rather than hang them on the wall..
In such cases, it is best to close the kitchen window with horizontal blinds or use roller blinds. But you can often find loft-style kitchens, the windows of which remain open..
When equipping the kitchen of your home in the loft style, it is important to pay maximum attention to your imagination, here the field of activity opens up wide for her. Feel free to take the initiative and combine the seemingly incompatible. And only then will your kitchen become the most real embodiment of the loft style..
Loft style kitchen design (interior photo)