Kitchen area of 15 sq. m allows you to implement almost any layout Standard kitchen is mostly smaller than the rest of the rooms in the apartment. But I really want to make it cozy so that all family members gather in it, drink tea and have heart-warming conversations. The kitchen is 15 sq.m. not so small, there is where fantasy unfolds. I would like the kitchen to be functional, combine a beautiful interior and be easy to use. Many people to expand the kitchen 15 sq. meters, make redevelopment, combining it with the living room. In this case, a living room with a kitchen can be divided by an island, that is, a table or a bar counter. But, even an ordinary room can be made spacious if you know some interior design tricks..
Kitchen 15 sq. m makes it possible to successfully combine it with the living room. This option, as a rule, not only makes both rooms more beautiful, but also allows you to make the cooking process more fun, because you can always talk with the household in the hall or just cook and watch TV.
So how do you make a 15 square kitchen interior beautiful, functional and stylish? Since the size of the room allows you to walk around, you can experiment with colors, materials and furnishings of the room. If you want the kitchen to combine all the requirements, you need to think through every detail. To get started, take a piece of paper and a pencil and write down all your wishes, taking into account the ideal kitchen design. If you are new to this business, it is better to use the services of a professional or find ready-made template kitchen design projects in your format. Also think about who will do the repairs yourself or hire workers? A team of workers can make such repairs for you as soon as possible, especially if you decide that the living room and kitchen should be combined, but all this will cost you a pretty penny.
If you decide to do the repair yourself, then you will save a decent amount. But be prepared for difficulties, as you will not be able to quickly make repairs on your own. When starting your kitchen renovation, consider what materials you will be using. Better to consider each one individually..
Plasterboard suspended ceilings are one of the most popular and effective types Kitchen 15 sq. m, combined with the living room, can be visually combined with a structure on the ceiling Zoning allows you to visually and functionally separate spaces. You can increase this effect from the separation of the bar counter by using the ceiling
Since this ceiling will be in the kitchen, you need to take into account the increased humidity and temperature differences. And also, due to the rapid contamination, the ceiling should be well washed. Think about how much you can spend on the ceiling. If you don’t have a lot of money, you can paint the ceiling with water-based paint. Expanded polystyrene tiles are less expensive, but work with them is a little difficult for the layman. If possible, it is better to make a stretch ceiling from PVC film.
The choice of wall color should be taken seriously. It is the design of the color of the walls that will set the whole basis for the further interior of the kitchen of 15 sq. meters. The right color will help to visually expand the boundaries of the kitchen, add comfort and coziness to the room, while the kitchen will not look like a shapeless stain.
To make the kitchen more original, you can combine wall decoration. For example, use wallpaper on one wall and tiles on the other.
There are many options for wall decoration. Inexpensive are:
- primer and paint that is highly resistant to moisture.
- ceramic tile.
Green is ideal for a 15 sq. m, since it is neutral – it does not hide the space, like darker colors, and does not bother with excessive contrast If you are planning a budget renovation, we recommend using wallpaper for wall decoration. To prevent the kitchen design from becoming monotonous and monotonous, it is better to purchase wallpaper of several colors and textures, combining them on different sections of the wall
The use of ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor is one of the best solutions, because the material is very practical and resistant to dirt.
The most ideal flooring option is ceramic tiles. The advantages are:
- long term of use;
- it is convenient to look after her;
- high humidity is not a problem for her;
- strong material prevents mechanical damage.
Laminate or high-quality linoleum can be a good option. A great option would be a combination of tiles and laminate, so you can separate the dining area from the cooking area..
The kitchen has 15 sq. m Scandinavian style will come in handy. Style implies light shades, an abundance of natural light and, in general, a light atmosphere of comfort and lightness. Classic-style kitchens also fit well into an area of 15 sq. m. This style is liked by most people, therefore, if you do not want to experiment, but just want a high-quality and versatile kitchen, be sure to take a closer look at this style. Unusual styles are gaining in popularity today.
To design your furniture, first measure the free space for it. After that, the best option would be to make custom-made furniture, taking into account the peculiarities of your kitchen and your wishes. But in order to do this, you need to navigate a little in modern styles of kitchen furniture. Here is some of them:
- A modern kitchen set, this project provides many possibilities. Basically, the design is designed to hide all household appliances and other kitchen items. At the same time, it looks neat and harmonious..
- Creative furniture, usually in bright colors, which represents a kind of ethnic interior.
- Classic headsets, in essence, are massive and solid wardrobes, which will add coziness and traditionalism to the style. In addition, they will serve faithfully for many years.
- Ethno-style headsets are suitable for people who adhere to minimalist views in the kitchen.
In addition, it is worth considering the interior of the dining area: how the dining table and chairs will look, the surface for cutting food, or maybe you want to put a sofa in the kitchen as well.
When planning lighting, do not forget about zoning: the lamps should be above the dining table, working area. Also, do not forget about general lighting. Each style of kitchen has its own design elements. This should be guided by the choice of lamps. For a classic-style kitchen, lamps in retro, classic and medieval forms are suitable. A rather unusual and rare element is the illumination of a kitchen apron. Such illumination is unlikely to fully replace the illumination of the working area, but together with it it will look very appropriate and effective.
Proper lighting is very important for the kitchen. There should be a lot of light. If you provide for a stretch ceiling, then the lighting can be made point-like, while it will highlight the areas of the kitchen. Lighting should be in harmony with the overall interior of the kitchen.
Some tips for planning a 15 sq. meters
- Often, many do not know what to do with a corner of the kitchen. A good option would be to install a sink there. You can envisage a department for the installation of small household appliances: a juicer, a mixer, etc. less, creates a kind of comfort.
- In order to have everything at hand, think about where you will store the dishes. It is best to store it in cabinets next to the sink. And it is advisable to place cooking appliances near the stove..
- Think about where you will put the rest of the stuff. They should be placed according to the rule – the heavier the object, the lower it should be located. Thus, a bag of potatoes should be placed in the lowest floor cabinet, while glasses and napkins can be placed on top..
- The walls can also become your helpers, you can place various hooks on them for potholders and towels, as well as for ladles and other utensils..
- And the last important advice – to arrange the refrigerator, stove and sink in such a way that the distance between them is one and a half meters. Then you don’t have to spin circles around the kitchen..
Video gallery of the kitchen 15 sq. m
The interior of the kitchen can be varied, the main thing is that in the end you would like to spend more time there. You can combine the kitchen with the living room, which will increase the space. Then the dining area can be made in the living room..
Kitchen design 15 sq m (interior photo)