Flowers using the quilling technique can bewitch anyone Paper products are very popular with most needlewomen. One of the types of creating paper crafts is quilling. Postcards, pictures, crafts will take on an original look. In most schools, in labor lessons, quilling classes are already taking place, teachers are writing a lesson outline.
Quilling flower: necessary materials
The most common quilling product is a flower. It can be created in all kinds of shapes and sizes, made flat, or vice versa, voluminous. It is even possible to create a bouquet with your own hands. But this will require patience and perseverance, since the work is quite painstaking and requires your attention. Below is a small master class on creating flowers using the quilling technique.
What materials will be needed to make all kinds of colors:
- First of all, it is, of course, special paper. It can be thin or wide. There are sets with all possible colors, and there are also solid colors. You should choose based on the color of your future product. You can make such paper yourself: cut the formatted colored sheets into strips of no more than 1 cm.It is this size that is optimal.
- A thin rod, which is required for wrapping blanks. You can use a gypsy needle, an awl, an empty rod from a pen, a toothpick, etc..
- Tweezers, which you will need to do painstaking work. For example, such as applying glue to a corner of paper.
- Sharp scissors, PVA glue, compasses, pencil and ruler, as well as a small brush.
It is with the help of these materials and tools that we will create future products. Quilling is a fairly small technique, so in order for your work to look neat and beautiful, you need to use
tweezers and a small brush.
Before creating a flower using the quilling technique, you need to prepare the materials
Professionals have special machines for creating blanks, cutting strips and fringes. But most do it manually.
Before you start creating some serious crafts, you can practice creating a simple postcard. This will help you master the technique, understand its principles, and know what not to do..
Some helpful tips for beginners:
- In order for your blanks (rolls) to be of the same size, you need to purchase a special blank or ruler.
- Do not use too much glue – it can ruin the look of your product. You can apply it using a thin brush or a toothpick..
- You should not rush to do everything faster. Accuracy is important here and accuracy.
It can take a beginner an hour to create one flower! But do not rush, make your flower beautiful and neat. You will find small lessons in this article..
Basic shape shapes:
It is these shapes that are used to create flowers using the quilling technique. They can be combined with each other, modified, show your imagination.
How to make flowers using quilling
Using the quilling technique, you can make a wide variety of flowers: asters, dandelions, white daisies, roses, chrysanthemums, yellow daffodils, sunflowers, spring snowdrops, irises, cornflowers, orchids, various wildflowers, forget-me-nots, lilies, blue pansies, poppies, peonies … The orchid will also be a decoration for any flower arrangement, as well as lotus and mimosa, carnation. There are a lot of flowers. You can use ready-made schemes with a detailed description..
Making dandelions step by step:
- First of all, the yellow strip of paper needs to be cut into a fringe. Do this with manicure straight scissors. Then the fringe will be very thin and give the flower the desired structure..
- Prepare a green strip: cut it with a “fence”, pointed upwards. Glue it very carefully to the end of the yellow strip. Make sure that the glue does not glue the openwork edge.
- We begin to twist a tight roll. As a result, you will get a small yellow bud, with green leaves..
- Now you need to add volume to the dandelion. Fluff it well.
- With your finger, inside the roll, push through the cone. We glue the stem together with the leaves inside.
Dandelions are ready! They will remind you of spring, delight you with a good mood. Hand-made products bring much more positive emotions than purchased ones..
Quilling daffodils look like real
Daffodil manufacturing technology:
- You need to purchase or prepare tapes, size 3mm.
- Prepare a suitable background.
- We start making the first flower. It will consist of six petals, the form of manufacture is an eye. To make the eye, we make a spiral, squeeze the opposite edges and give the necessary shape.
- The second flower will consist of only two petals. We twist the spiral and give it the shape of an eye. The core of this flower is a triangle. It is done very simply, the spiral from the strip is compressed in three places..
- Now you need to make the stamen. It will be a wide ribbon (about 1 cm wide), twisted into a tight spiral.
- We make the core of the first flower – cut a fringe on a strip and twist it into a roll, fluff it.
- Leaves – paper ribbons of different lengths. Lengths can be taken from 8 to 15 cm.
- We start assembling the craft.
- Leaves – double-folded ribbons, with curved edges glued together.
- On our background we glue the core of the first flower – a fringed spiral. Lay three petals symmetrically around it. Then, between the already glued petals, we report the other three. The first flower is ready.
- The second flower is laid out like this: the core-triangle is glued in the middle, and two petals-eyes are allowed from its edges.
- Now the leaves are glued to the craft.
So the flower craft with daffodils is ready.
Making a flower using the quilling technique
Most craftsmen use a comb (loop quilling) to make forms of blanks. A strip is attached to the comb, and then the figures are made using a special technique..
A wide variety of flowers can be made using this technique. The stages of implementation will also depend on the shape of the parts..
With the help of a comb, you can make various fantasy types and shapes, using them in subsequent crafts.
Using the quilling technique, you can create a wide variety of flowers.
Interesting options for creating crafts with flowers:
- Riding a bicycle basket with flowers. This composition looks very romantic and cute. Making a bike is easy.
- Branch with sakura flowers.
- White winter flower.
- Vase filled with flowers.
- Hare with a bouquet of flowers.
Sakura is one of the options for creating a fake. It contains flowers and a tree trunk. To decorate the composition, you can add additional details to the background..
Quilling master class: flowers
Gerberas using the quilling technique – these voluminous quilling products look very beautiful. Such a complex flower will consist of 64 petals, and their core is a fringed nut. Before starting work, prepare a funnel with a radius of 2-2.5cm.
Gerbera using the quilling technique is quite simple.
- The flower can be made in any color: red, yellow, light pink. After you have chosen a color, you need to cut the stripes. Their width should be no more than 2 mm..
- We twist rolls of the same diameter from them. (30 pieces – diameter 14mm, 16 pieces – diameter 9mm, 18 pieces – diameter 7 mm), To do this, use a special ruler.
- Each roll should be shaped like a drop: we pinch the edge of the roll with our fingers, and gradually pull it out with pressing movements.
- After you have shaped all the blanks, we glue 15 large droplets together in a circle.
- We glue our first circle to the funnel.
- On the back of the workpiece, you need to glue the remaining large droplets. So your flower will acquire the required volume..
- Now from blanks with a diameter of 9 mm, glue the circle. We also do the smallest workpieces.
- Let’s make the core of the flower. To do this, we need one black strip, 4 mm wide, and three strips, 8 mm wide, cut into a fringe. We twist the black strip into a tight spiral, and then glue the remaining strips with an openwork edge to it in turn. The core is ready. It remains only to fluff up the fringe a little;
- Putting the flower together: insert the fringed core into the circle of the smallest petals, then also insert them into the circle of their middle details. Liberally grease the back of the flower with glue, and insert it into the blank with a funnel.
As a result, you should get a beautiful volumetric gerbera flower..
Craft quilling: mimosa
How to make fluffy silver acacia flowers? Many people associate this flower with the holiday of March 8..
Materials required for manufacturing:
- White cardboard;
- Yellow quilling paper;
- PVA glue;
- Special wooden rod.
Mimosa using the quilling technique can be done in several stages.
The manufacturing steps are as follows. We make fringed cuts at the edge of the strip. We twist the strips into a tight spiral, fluff the flowers. We make them 10-15 pieces.
Leaves can be made of two types. First type: cut the green strip into a fringe, and then twist it in undulating movements to make a spiral.
Second type: We bend the strips and make small loops on them. We collect our parts in one composition. A sprig of mimosa is ready!
Original quilling bouquet
A quilling bouquet can be made from a wide variety of flowers. All elements of the bouquet should be done in the same style..
What can be used to make flowers for a bouquet:
- Corrugated cardboard. Many craftsmen use it to create bouquets, crafts, postcards..
- Made of special quilling paper.
- From homemade strips.
An original quilling bouquet can decorate your home for a long time
As a bouquet, you can make large flower balls standing in a pot or in a basket. But they will require perseverance from you, since you will need to make many small parts. But this product will decorate your home for many years..
Making chamomile quilling
The technique for making daisies is very similar to making daffodils..
For daisies using the quilling technique, you need white and yellow paper
How to make chamomile step by step:
- Prepare the stripes of the required color: white and yellow.
- Cut the yellow stripes into a fringe and twist into a tight spiral. Let’s fluff it up.
- We spin rolls of white stripes of the same diameter.
- We give the blanks the shape of a droplet.
- Our chamomile will have 12 petals. We glue them in a circle, and place our core in the middle..
Your beautiful and neat daisies are ready! And most importantly – simple.
Quilling flowers (video)
Quilling perfectly develops the fine motor skills of students’ fingers, this activity brings pleasure, relaxes, and the result of the work pleases for a long time.
In detail: quilling flowers and a master class step by step (photo examples)