If you already have some crocheting experience, try to make individual changes to the standard pattern. A diagram is a graphic instruction with symbols, if you follow which, you will get a tack exactly as the authors of the diagram promise. Minor deviations will only decorate the tack.
Crochet strawberry potholder: options
The standard product is a red berry with a green leaf on top. A simple scheme does not imply such complication as the white and yellow dots of the berry, some kind of embossed additional pattern.
There are more complicated models, these are double tacks, where each side is knitted separately The scheme of one side of the hook may differ from the other.
There are models that need to be knitted tightly, and there are tacks with openwork free knitting.
How to improve knitting:
- Try to tie the kit – the same scheme, but, for example, berries of different colors;
- The kit can also be a collection of different berries. and fruits: the same strawberry plus an apple, cherry, raspberry;
- Add decorative details, which cannot be tied – satin ribbons, ribbons, etc .;
- Add button beads, if the product is strictly decorative, instead of white or yellow dots on the berry, you can sew white beads.
Knitting can be improved not only by how complex the pattern will be, but also by the author’s findings. But all, for the most part, are based on what universal model.
Crochet strawberry potholder: video master class
Part 1: knit a berry (video)
Part 2: final decor (video)
Berry potholder: a simple scheme
If you learn how to crochet such a potholder, the rest will be given to you quite simply..
For one potholder you will need:
- Crochet hooks # 3 and # 5;
- 50 g of red (purple, orange) wool;
- 40-50 g green wool.
This most simple tacking scheme is very easy to implement and you may like the process itself.
Knitting is as follows:
- Take a green thread and tie a chain in 16 air. loops, closing it into a ring;
- The first row starts with 6 stitches, 3 double crochets in 2 and 3 stitches. chain base loops;
- Next is an arch of eight air. loops;
- The next moment is 3 columns with a crochet in 3 and 4 air. loops at the base of the chain from the edge of the hook;
- Arch in three air. loops, 6 double crochets in 5 and 8 air. loops;
- Arch in three air. loops, 3 tbsp. with a crochet at 10 and 11 air. loops;
- 3 air loops, 6 pillars. with a crochet in the remaining air. chain loops;
- The first row ends with a connecting post;
- The next row is also knitted, slightly expanding the tack as necessary;
- At the beginning of the fourth row, you need to attach a red thread, knit up to 17 rows according to the scheme.
After that, crocheting ends, the potholder must be folded in half, stitched.
If you are making a kit where you are going to crochet fruits and berries, they can all be the same color, but have different borders.
Features of knitting potholders
Perhaps the following tips will help you understand what subtleties lie in crocheting, and what features of making potholders you should know.
To learn how to knit more complex elements, you need to more or less confidently master the basics
- Start knitting with simple shapes – hexagon, circle, watermelon wedge. It’s like training before more complex products, both the hand and the automatic actions, and the understanding of diagramming are well trained.
- Always use the crochet hooks indicated in the instructions.. It is worth a beginner to knit a thing with the wrong crochet, while experiencing quite logical difficulties, as he can completely turn away from needlework.
- The first tack can be a square – if you easily read the diagram, you managed to knit an even, not overtightened, not twisted square, and even with a color change, you will definitely get a strawberry tack.
But even from the very first steps, “hook trials”, so to speak, keep an eye on how creatively interesting and unusual your product is..
Knitting design tips
Sometimes the simplest potholder, which even a schoolboy can master in a couple of hours, can be turned into a small handicraft miracle, from which it is impossible to take your eyes off. And all thanks to the author’s findings, the decor of the products.
Double tack can be sealed inside with felt, foam or padding polyester
For example, you can use post-dyeing of the yarn. Literally paint a white tack made of coarse yarn with dyes on the fabric (remember the same batik). The product will be strictly decorative, but it will certainly not go unnoticed.
Style unity is what the hostess of the house must observe in the interiors of her rooms. For example, you are a fan of the Scandinavian style. And there a lot of attention is paid to textiles. And hand-made is encouraged too. Therefore, in the kitchen, in a coffee and milk range, tacks with a modest but “tasty” ornament will look great in the same colors..
Crochet potholder: we knit with our own hands (video)
When starting to knit, do not forget to save your favorite patterns, instructions, ideas with photos, etc. to your folder. Skillfully combining other people’s ideas with your own designs, your creative growth will be unambiguous, and you will sooner be able to feel like a master..
Crochet strawberry potholder (photo)