Corner wardrobe is a great opportunity to store clothes and other things in one place There are a great many wardrobe storage systems. They have different forms and components. The options for materials for making a wardrobe are also different. The universal wardrobe can be mounted in any room where there is a free corner.
Corner wardrobe options
It is worth figuring out how the corner wardrobe differs from its other design. Corner wardrobe is installed directly in the corner of one of the rooms.
For the dressing room, you can select both one corner and part of the room.
There are several design options:
- The L-shaped structure is located in the corner on both walls and can be built-in, creating a single surface with the walls;
- The trapezoidal design has irregular shapes with sidewalls overlapping the corner;
- A triangular dressing room has the shape of a triangle, when viewed in cross section, this type of construction is ideal for small rooms;
- Another corner structure is also located in the corner and has rounded convex sliding doors..
All structures are equipped with a set of shelves, drawers, racks, rods, hangers, if you wish, you can add some elements.
Wardrobes differ in storage systems, of which there are several and it all depends on the size of the wardrobe: mesh, case, frame, pencil cases. Sometimes ready-made corner wardrobes are installed in the form of a dressing room, their design is based on transverse shelves and hangers. As a rule, this is a very small wardrobe and can only contain the most necessary.
The corner wardrobe is a compact design for storing things. It is impossible to enter this type of cabinet, the doors are almost close to the shelves.
The most popular are L-shaped cabinets, which are placed along the walls.
The cabinet can be built-in or cabinet, each has its own characteristics:
- The built-in structure has only one independent vertical plane, and the other two are the walls of the apartment. It is impossible to move and transport it, all components are selected individually.
- Cabinet structures are more like furniture, have their own independent walls and can be transported or moved.
Corner wardrobe-closet is indispensable in small apartments. There are many materials for making on the market today. The finished product will fit perfectly into the interior of the room.
Mesh corner wardrobe in the room
A popular storage system is a mesh wardrobe. It is an independent design for filling the wardrobe. All elements are metal in the form of a mesh or cells. Installation of a corner wardrobe in the room does not take much time.
The advantage of mesh wardrobes is that they are easy to install.
Mesh systems have many advantages:
- Ease of maintenance of the structure;
- Ventilation of all shelves and drawers;
- Low weight of the system;
- Ease of installation;
- The ability to change the composition of the structure.
In a room, such a dressing room does not take up much space, but it is a fairly spacious system..
Thanks to the ability to easily remove and add components, you can optimize its use as much as possible. The dressing room can include pull-out trousers, baskets of different sizes, bars for dresses and shirts, shelves of various depths, and even, if necessary, attach additional hooks directly to the structure.
Frame corner wardrobe in the bedroom
The frame wardrobe system is no less popular. It is based on metal racks. All other elements are securely attached to them. The combination of metal and wood creates a balance between modern coldness and warmth at home.
Stylish corner wardrobe with transparent doors will perfectly fit into the interior of a small bedroom
A frame corner wardrobe in the bedroom has its advantages:
- It can be dismantled and transported;
- There are no partitions in the system, and the space does not look piled up;
- Easy to care for;
- May have an open view.
However, it should be remembered that an open dressing room requires perfect order. Dressing room design fits well with modern interior styles.
Spacious corner dressing rooms: design projects and photos
Corner dressing rooms represent a single space. Spacious wardrobe projects have a different look, they are not just wardrobes with things. Often, the area of the wardrobe is so extensive that all the necessary things and items can easily fit in it. In country houses, wardrobe space is allocated in the attic or in the basement. In a spacious bedroom, you can select the corner area for arranging a dressing room.
You can get acquainted with various options for modern wardrobe storage systems in designer catalogs or on the Internet.
Spacious storage systems have many benefits:
- The space allows you to arrange a room in accordance with design projects;
- You can place additional furniture in the dressing room;
- It is possible to change clothes in the room;
- Maximum functionality of the space.
For maximum convenience of the dressing room, it is necessary to think over all the nuances. First of all, it is important to choose the type of door, it can be a sliding door, swing door or folding door. It is necessary to take care of ventilation and determine the material for making the wardrobe.
Pencil wardrobe systems: complete set
Pencil wardrobe systems are a type of open wardrobe. It is a modern and stylish design, but the price is quite high..
Pencil wardrobes, as a rule, are completed only with hangers and shelves.
Standard pencil case systems can be characterized by:
- Basis – solid wood wall panels;
- The system is divided vertically, top – shelves, middle – bars and hangers, bottom – drawers and cupboards;
- All elements are attached to wall panels;
Pencil dressing room has a fairly large dimensions, so the room must be of sufficient size.
The filling of the pencil case systems is strictly limited – shelves, bars and hangers. Additional elements cannot be added on their own, only when custom-made.
Making a corner wardrobe with your own hands
Do-it-yourself corner dressing room can be made of drywall. The functionality of the manufactured structure will not differ from the purchased one. In addition, with self-production, it is possible to carry out a design taking into account the characteristics of the room.
After determining the location of the wardrobe, you can proceed with its installation. The preparatory stage is the creation of a drawing where all the dimensions and nuances of the design are indicated.
You can make a corner dressing room from drywall with your own hands, the main thing is to think over its design in advance and prepare materials
The installation process is simple and is carried out in several stages:
- Marking must be done using a building level;
- Further, the installation of the guide profiles is carried out;
- Rack profiles are attached to the guides;
- After installing the frame, you can sheathe the structure with plasterboard;
- Finishing should be done as close as possible to the overall interior;
- The final stage will be the installation of the door structure.
For maximum space savings, a sliding door system can be used. The filling of the dressing room can be from any system. There are a huge number of them on the modern market, which allows you to purchase the most suitable option..
Simple corner dressing rooms of small sizes
Sometimes the area of the apartment does not allow the installation of a spacious dressing room. In this case, it is quite possible to equip a small corner dressing room. At first glance, it is very difficult to allocate a corner for a wardrobe in a room with a shortage of square meters..
The modern furniture market offers various options for ready-made wardrobes from large to mini designs. Furniture from IKEA is very practical, as evidenced by customer reviews.
Careful attention should be paid to the choice of furniture set for the corner wardrobe
There are several options for small dressing rooms:
- The device of a mini-dressing room in the existing niche of the room;
- Dressing room behind a screen or curtains;
- Small furniture wardrobe.
Overview of corner wardrobes (video)
Even in a very small apartment, you can optimize the space. If there is a balcony, it can also be used to equip a wardrobe if it is carefully insulated. The dressing room hidden behind the screen will not take up much space, and things will always be tidied up.
Corner wardrobe design (interior photo)