Interior textiles are of great importance. The choice of curtains is one of the most important points in the design The most important attribute of any home is, of course, curtains. Now there are a lot of their varieties, and the same variety is present in the pricing policy of this interior product. Therefore, today it will not be a problem to select the ideal option..
Curtains are helpers in every home
Stylish curtains deserve to be one of the most important parts of the overall interior, helping to express the individual preferences of the owners. It is important that their application complements the image of a cozy as well as comfortable home. However, in addition to this, it is worth remembering about the main feature of any types of curtains – protection from the disturbing light of the sun, as well as preventing drafts and wind..
If the curtain fabric is dense, then to some extent it even serves as soundproofing from external noise.
So, when a person wants to combine the general interior into one style, it is the design of the window curtains that helps to achieve the desired effect. By the way, there are specially trained people – designers who have developed special styles. These can be Chinese curtains, or completely different curtains in a nautical style. But by providing their services, such specialists quickly create a unique and beautiful interior..
To correctly determine the style of curtains, take into account the shape and overall size of the window itself, how the room is illuminated from the street, and which part of the house it belongs to (bedroom, kitchen or nursery)
If there is a need to decorate windows in rooms with fabrics, you first need to determine which style is best suited to others..
How to choose stylish curtains (video advice)
Curtain styles: how to choose the best option
Before choosing the option you want, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the existing styles..
So, there are curtain styles:
- Shabby chic. For this style, the predominance of furniture in the room is assumed, which is artificially aged, that is, it looks like antique. Shabby chic curtains, on the contrary, should be sewn from expensive and elegant fabrics. It is this decor attribute that first attracts attention..
- Marine style curtains. Here, it is assumed the presence of dense, blue tones of fabric, which are completed with snow-white tulle. The mesh thrown over the cornice and large semicircular folds very well convey the design.
- Scandinavian. This type involves the use of thin and translucent curtains from various fabrics (linen, cotton or silk). It is important that by focusing on the Scandinavian style, the geometry of the room softens, and the excessive pomp of heavy types of fabrics becomes unacceptable..
- Oriental. It is characterized by the mixing of two different design styles. For example, Chinese curtains are combined with Japanese curtains. Now this style is most in demand. This oriental theme will help create an ideal and quiet world that provides a refuge from the hustle and bustle of your own home..
- Classical. It is important that in the classical style, it is assumed that a certain type of fabric is used not only for decorating windows, it is customary here to upholster furniture with it, creating an overall picture of the decoration in the room.
- Venetian. This style is preferable for the kitchen, because the main difference is the open window sill. It is the Venetian design notes that add lightness and solemnity to the overall interior..
- Art Deco. It combines several design directions (classic, asymmetric or modern), and this allows you to combine completely different styles. For those who are not afraid to experiment, art deco is best suited.
- Egyptian. For fans of the luxury of ancient civilizations, where there is calm grandeur, clear completeness of forms, and also there are majestic sculptures, Egyptian curtains will be an ideal option.
- Spanish. If the interior is dominated by Spanish notes, to complete the theme, you need correctly selected curtains. Moreover, sewing “clothes” for windows involves the use of only natural fabrics, with ardent and beautiful colors.
This chalet-style decor is dominated by the Renaissance. Chalet-style curtains are necessarily distinguished by natural fabrics, preferably an unpainted color, in which there are no patterns and ornaments
These are not all stylistic directions for textile interior design. Rustic style or country style is widely popular in decorating kitchen windows, and, for example, high-tech style is acceptable in any room. Provence curtains blend seamlessly with shabby chic, while sophisticated Victorian curtains are a mix of Rococo, Gothic and classic.
Styles of curtains in the interior: design tips (video)
DIY Chinese curtains
Chinese curtains are the best option for those who prefer minimalism in the house and do not like excessive pomp. By the way, today such curtains are the most demanded and popular among consumers..
A straight cut of the canvas, calculated according to the width of the window, which rises and also lowers manually – these are Chinese curtains
At home, it is quite easy to sew Chinese curtains yourself. To do this, you need to choose a fabric for the manufacture of curtains and special ribbons. The ribbons will hold the canvas at the required height.
Fans of this theme, there is no need to additionally decorate the windows with curtains, because thin tulle will only interfere. So, the prepared curtain is fixed to the window opening, the required length of the canvas is left and the rest of the curtain is tied up with ribbons.
Real Chinese curtains are created from translucent fabrics, sometimes with patterns and hieroglyphs applied. Or it could be vintage fabrics that add a chic and expensive look to the room.
The bottom of the curtains can be tied up with soft folds or twisted in a roll, while opening the window, depending on individual preferences.
Roman blind: dignity in the interior (video)
Russian style curtains
All curtain styles have their fans. Among the most popular today is the style, the theme of which describes the Russian hut.
Natural and simple fabrics, reminiscent of a homespun curtain, are best suited for decorating windows in the Russian style.
It is recommended to choose chintz with small colored patterns or hand-embroidered figures on fabrics. It can be people, animals or plants..
Wrought curtain is considered the most important attribute of this theme. This home design element separates the living area from the kitchen. Moreover, such a canvas can be used to decorate both window and doorways..
For lovers of Russian design in the house, short cuts of curtains are ideal, where the theme is observed with the help of lace and embroidery.
Rustic style: curtains for the kitchen (video)
When choosing curtains for your home, be sure to consider the entire design of the room. Only by observing this rule can you achieve an excellent result and create a unique interior..
Design of stylish curtains in the interior (photo)