Naturalness is in trend now: that is why wooden houses are especially popular. Special curtains should be chosen for this dwelling Wooden houses are gaining more and more popularity. This is explained by the desire to get as close as possible to nature and its miraculous effects on humans. Decorating windows with curtains in a wooden house, you convey the smells of forest and grass to the house, focus on its environmental friendliness and naturalness. Only in this case, the walls of the house will help you to quickly recuperate after the everyday hustle and bustle..
Curtains in a wooden house: style solutions
Decorating the window with curtains is the finishing touch that gives the wooden house a special atmosphere. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account the style in which the interior of the house is sustained..
Country style is most often used in wooden houses.
For wooden houses, designers recommend sticking to three main styles: country, ethnic, or ecological. What each one is?
Textiles in natural colors perfectly support any style in the interior design of a wooden house.
When decorating windows in a house whose interior is designed in country style, give preference to natural materials, avoid excesses and ostentatious luxury. Handcrafted, rough finish, light print and small patterns in neutral tones, an indescribable mood of restrained sophistication.
Ethno-style dictates the use of the features of the interiors of the peoples of the world.
In an eco-friendly style, use fabrics in natural shades and decor in natural shapes.
In a dwelling made of wood, it is permissible to use elements of the Provence style.
All shades of nature are appropriate, but don’t limit yourself:
- Bright color and pattern will allow you to accentuate the window.
- Organza is a spectacular material. By decorating her veranda in the country, you will bring lightness and tenderness to the interior..
- Velvet will add a subtle touch of luxury to your home. But it picks up dirt easily and needs special care..
When choosing curtains for windows in a wooden house, take into account the peculiarities of the style and texture of the curtain material.
Curtains in the interior of a wooden house (video)
Curtains in a wooden house: features of window decoration
Natural beauty has recently become an unaffordable luxury. A country house is increasingly becoming an island of peace and quiet for a metropolitan resident.
The interior design of the house should be conducive to good rest. As such, there are no design requirements, but there are many conditions for creating comfort. They also apply to curtains. But all the design requirements can be said in one sentence: “The simpler the design of a wooden house, the better.”
Simple curtains without a pattern or with a minimal pattern are best suited for a rustic style.
When decorating windows, designers usually resort to the following techniques:
- It is better to hang a curtain or curtain on large hooks or loops, supplementing with grabs made of coarse fabric;
- Use jumps. But remember – this is not a lambrequin in the hall of a city apartment. Only one element is allowed;
- In Roman blinds, not only style and modernity are harmoniously combined, but also it becomes possible to visually enlarge the room;
- Pleated curtains will fill the house with originality;
- Roller blinds represent simplicity, brevity and compactness in window decoration. They can act as an independent curtain, or as a spectacular touch of a curtain composition;
- A double curtain made of dense and translucent fabrics acts as a functional window decoration;
- An original style solution in the design of a window opening – curtains on hooks without a cornice;
- Familiar to everyone from childhood, short curtains help freshen up the interior and give the room a special charm. It is enough to show a little imagination.
Often, curtains only due to the details give an indescribable charm to the window..
Designers quite often use curtains with lambrequins to add elegance and splendor to the interior.
In a wooden house, it is more appropriate to use tassels, bows, fringes, hooks and handmade ties as decoration. Curtains should overlap in motives with some interior items..
How to choose curtains in a private house
A private wooden house should not duplicate the interior of a city apartment. It has a different purpose – it allows its owners and their guests to plunge into the atmosphere of harmony and silence, to forget about the noise of the metropolis..
Experts recommend purchasing light curtains: they can visually expand the room
The interior of a private house should create a mood of coziness and comfort. Needless to say that window decoration with curtains should be taken into account even at the stage of creating a design – layout of the house? The choice of curtains in a wooden house is not as easy as it seems at first glance..
A few basic design rules will make this task easier for you:
- Choose natural fabrics;
- Give preference to light shades of materials. They will add lightness and elegance to the interior;
- Window decoration should be as simple as possible;
- Pay attention to the brevity of the drawing;
- Use handcrafted decor and wooden curtain rods as the safest and most versatile option.
Simplicity, naturalness and compliance with the general style of the interior design of the house are the main components, due to which the window decorated with curtains attracts and pleases the eye for a long time.
The use of handmade details will add a special zest to the interior of a private house..
You can experiment and purchase curtains in bright colors.
Avoid satin velvet or thick fabrics, refrain from an abundance of decor.
Difficulties in choosing curtains for small windows in a wooden house
The development of building technologies makes it possible to build a wooden house, taking into account all the wishes of the customer. But the log house, stylized as a Russian hut, involves small windows..
Decorating small windows with curtains implies special stylistic approaches. Competently selected curtains will help not only to visually enlarge the window, but also to give more space to the room.
Tulle is perfect for a small window.
The opinion that small windows of a wooden house do not require a special approach when choosing curtains is considered erroneous..
When designing small windows, you must adhere to the basic rules:
- Use only natural fabrics;
- Give preference to light shades and light materials – create a feeling of airiness;
- Naturalness and simplicity of the composition;
- Combination with the general style of the interior of the house;
- Do not get carried away with decor, be guided by a sense of proportion;
- Stop at the mini-cornice;
- Combine thick and light materials wisely. This visually adjusts the size of the window opening;
- A mini-screen and Roman blinds look original and non-standard on the window.
Small window decoration causes certain problems. But enough imagination, a sense of style and love for comfort in your own home and you can easily decorate even the smallest windows in an original way. The rules that we described above will help you with this. And, as a finishing touch, do not forget to decorate the windowsill with indoor flowers..
What to choose curtains for a country house (video)
The curtains in a wooden house, the photos of which you see, play a very important role not only in creating a sense of completeness of the interior design, but also affect the mood of its inhabitants. They create the necessary atmosphere of softness, tranquility and indescribable beauty in the house..
Curtains in a wooden house (photo)