Double-sided curtains are suitable for people who are always on the move and want to be in trend Today, double-sided curtains are becoming quite popular. They replaced lambrequins, which carried a decorative load. However, in spite of their splendor and richness of decor, lambrequins are very inconvenient in practical use. Double curtains are a worthy replacement for lambrequins, they also have a luxurious look, but at the same time they are more practical and easier to use. This type of curtain can be sewn from any fabric, using imagination and experimenting. Thanks to the choice, the curtains can be matched to any type of interior, varying them with light and dense types of fabric.
Double-sided curtains: a special look
Double-sided curtains are a special type of curtains, they create a special atmosphere and comfort in the interior. These curtains open the door to experimentation and flight of imagination. Double-sided curtains consist of several types of fabric, have a cushioning material, which creates additional protection against sunlight penetration into the room.
Double curtains are an excellent replacement for classic curtains: they look great and can visually increase the space
In order for double-sided curtains to have an elegant and presentable look, the fabric should be chosen with great care. Sewing materials must be of excellent quality. Which means expensive.
Modern models of double-sided curtains are made from dense fabrics. This type of fabric looks expensive and perfectly fulfills practical tasks: protection from light and prying eyes. A special fabric lining protects the fabric from fading. The folds, which are formed due to the sagging of the fabric, bear the decorative load..
Popular Vietnamese curtains can be an example of such curtains. These curtains are used to decorate all types of rooms and look harmoniously in different styles and interior designs..
Vietnamese curtains are best for classic style
For the manufacture of curtains in the Vietnamese style, natural fabrics of restrained tones are used. A combination of different colors is permissible, this increases the originality of the model and gives a special charm to the entire interior.
Eaves for double curtains: selection rules
When looking for a curtain rod for double curtains, it is necessary to take into account such factors as the type of curtains, the way the curtain rod is controlled, the material from which the curtain rod is made. The most practical and timeless curtain rods made of wood and metal.
If you want to manage each curtain layer separately, then it is best to use a double curtain rod.
Mounting methods for double curtains:
- Single cornice. This is a method in which hooks are attached to one cornice alternately from the first and second canvas. This is a very original way of attaching curtains..
- Double cornice. This method allows you to position each canvas on a separate guide, which will allow you to freely control each of them..
- Single-row baguette. Allows you to place the product on one guide, having previously stitched the product along the top edge.
- Lambrequin on a double cornice. The outer layer of the curtain can be attached to the lambrequin on a special tape. Another layer can be attached to a separate guide. In this case, the upper row will be adjusted with less ease..
A non-standard solution for double curtains would be a single cornice
Before choosing a curtain rod, you should decide how much the curtains should be adjusted, what is the density of the curtains, how they will look on the selected curtain rod option.
Double Roman blinds: main advantages
A double roman blind are two conventional roman blinds that are mounted one in front of the other, each with its own separate lifting mechanism. The main task of this type of Roman blinds is to regulate the flow of light. The outer curtain is usually made of a dense type of fabric that does not let in the sun’s rays. And the inner curtain is sewn from a translucent, lightweight fabric. It is important not to confuse them with roller blinds..
The advantages of double roman blinds:
- Have a dual use case – “day” and “night”.
- There are many options for creating interesting combinations for decorating interiors..
- There are several options for attaching curtains: on the wall near the window, on window frames, on the ceiling.
- Any mounting option does not limit the functionality of the curtains and their control.
- Stylish design of curtains, their conciseness, elegance and variety of colors allows curtains to become an excellent decoration for any interior.
Quite often, double roller blinds are used to regulate the light in the room.
Roman blinds combine functionality and aesthetics. They are easy to use and adjust, beautiful and elegant. Correctly selected curtains will give the room a special style and charm..
How to sew Roman blinds with your own hands (video)
How to sew double curtains with your own hands
Sewing double curtains yourself will not be difficult. However, the complexity of sewing depends on the combination of fabrics and the effect expected from the curtains. If the curtains are planned to be placed on a double eaves, then for sewing curtains it will be enough to cut the canvas, leaving an allowance for processing the edge. Then process the edges of the curtains and decorate them.
It is not necessary to sew curtains from layers of opposite colors: a rather fashionable solution would be to use one tone for all layers of curtains
In order to emphasize the difference between the fabrics, a special lining made of light-colored fabric is used. This lining will create a beautiful visual effect and protect from sunlight.
Brief instructions for sewing curtains from colored and solid fabrics:
- Measure the length and width of the curtains. Calculate the height of one canvas, making an increase in the bend at the top and bottom of the curtains.
- Connect the canvases of multi-colored fabric. Sew the fabric with short seams – one tenth of the total length of the curtain. Then you need to hem the bottom.
- Prepare a solid color curtain. Make a double hem at the top of the curtain. Then you need to sew the bottom hem.
- Using a flat surface, it is necessary to spread the canvases of colored fabric on top of a plain fabric. Sew all along the top edge of the canvases.
- Sew the edge of each colored fabric to the edge of the solid color curtain. It is necessary to move the fabrics apart in a certain way in order to give the curtains a special volume..
- Sew a curtain tape at the top of the seamy side of the curtains.
Sewing curtains with your own hands is not difficult if, before sewing, you carefully think over the design of the curtains, choose harmonious colors that fit perfectly into the interior of the room.
Double curtains in the interior of different rooms (video)
Double curtains in the interior have a number of qualities that make them especially popular today. They are distinguished by their simplicity, but it is she who gives them a special style, elegance and charm. This type of curtain presupposes the observance of a number of rules, without the use of which, it is possible to harm the general appearance of the decor of the room. Before hanging double curtains, you need to understand their types, to understand in what space each of them will look harmoniously. So in the living room they usually use classic-style curtains or roman blinds. The main thing is to give harmony to the whole room as a whole..
Double curtains (photo)