Plasterboard suspended ceiling combines an attractive appearance and modern practicality A perfectly flat ceiling in apartments is a rarity, and fixing it with plaster or putty is far from always and not everyone can do..
It is in this case that it is better to rely on a plasterboard ceiling, which is easily putty after installation, and after painting it takes on a luxurious look, especially if you approach the matter with imagination and paint the ceiling so as to simulate the starry sky. However, there are many options for painting, as well as options for combinations, say, a stretch ceiling and plasterboard.
Types of plasterboard suspended ceilings: the choice is yours
The concept of “suspended plasterboard ceiling” is so extensible and multifaceted that, apparently, it is necessary to list at least all the most common.
Illuminated suspended ceilings have become especially popular.
So, the types of plasterboard suspended ceilings:
- Sibling: the name speaks for itself;
- Multilevel: it’s not only aesthetics, but also the desire to “divide” the room into zones, without using partitions. In addition, there is an excellent opportunity to hide “competently” all kinds of communications.
- Combined: a very famous and popular technique of today is when a plasterboard ceiling is combined with a stretch ceiling, for example.
- Illuminated ceilings: non-standard, carefully planned lighting. a guarantee that your house will be nice and comfortable. In addition to spotlights, LED strips are also used..
The combined ceiling system brings the most fantastic design ideas to life.
In order to achieve truly unique lighting, you need to place the fixtures at different levels, and, in addition, the beams must cross..
For better illumination, it is better to hang a chandelier or lamp on the ceiling.
The flexibility of drywall allows you to model anything you want. The designer is the designer, and the final word is yours!
Suspended plasterboard ceilings in the interior of the apartment (video)
Plasterboard false ceilings: everything is simple and affordable
Suspended ceiling (plasterboard sheets), attached to the frame made of metal profiles, using accessories specially designed for this purpose.
In order to have a clear idea of such a subject as the device of plasterboard suspended ceilings, you need to study the step-by-step instructions, and best of all, watch the video materials.
The ceiling will look more attractive if you apply a drawing or image to it.
Again, in order to avoid unnecessary costs for possible rework.
So first of all:
- First of all, you need to determine for yourself what the distance between the ceiling and drywall will be. The ceiling is not only needed in order to make a flat surface, it also “hides” a lot. For example: wires, air ducts, luminaire housings, etc. If you install only lamps, then 10-12.5 cm will be enough, and if ventilation is also more than 20 cm.
- Installation is carried out by 2-3 people, since a drywall sheet weighs about 30 kg. A lift can be used.
- You need to choose a galvanized profile, as well as prepare tools and the necessary components.
The more uneven the wall, the greater the distance should be between the ceiling and drywall
Of course, even briefly describing the process is quite time consuming. It is best to study the device of false ceilings, as already mentioned, with the help of videos.
The distance between the suspensions on the plasterboard ceiling: how not to be mistaken
A lot depends on the distance between the suspensions on the plasterboard ceiling..
During installation, of course, the question arises: what is the most optimal distance?
Unfortunately, even experienced craftsmen have very different opinions on this matter.!
Hangers should be located close to each other
And so that the repair does not undergo alteration in the future, you need to take everything into account at once. These distances largely depend on what is the design of the ceiling and what kind of load is planned on it, as well as on the size of the sheet..
There are two extremes:
- Hangers are installed too often. You can, of course, do them as often as possible, and this will not damage the structure as a whole, but will noticeably hit the consumer’s pocket. In this case, some masters insist on a distance of 60-65cm. It is popularly called by the people: “from a cannon to sparrows”
- Hangers are installed too seldom. Suspensions, first of all, are the reliability of the entire structure. Of course, everyone wants to save at least something. Because it’s not a secret for anyone that renovation is an expensive pleasure. Of course, such savings will come out sideways – the deformation of the entire suspended ceiling is possible. There is a category of craftsmen who place suspensions at a distance of 100 cm between themselves. Note, they do not save your money, but save their time and energy.!
Maximum allowable distance between suspensions – 80 cm
In order not to become a hostage of your own avarice, or, conversely, not to become a reinsurer, you should adhere to the required values, and in particular – 80 cm. Although, on the packages, it is often written: “70-100 cm”, with a profile of 0 55mm.
Design options for plasterboard suspended ceilings: for all occasions
Drywall has become an indispensable attribute for the repair and reconstruction of apartments, for more than a decade.
Not only suspended ceilings are made of drywall, but also all kinds of arches, niches, and also, walls are leveled with them..
The design options for suspended ceilings are very diverse, because the possibilities of the material are simply endless.
As a rule, the kitchen is a very small room: you can visually expand the kitchen with the help of a glossy surface on the ceiling
Each room has its own, unique, design:
- In the kitchen: based on the specificity of the room, sufficient lighting is required, especially for the working area. At the same time, there should be a possibility of spending a romantic evening with someone close to you. Lighting, of course, should not only provide comfort, but also harmonize well with the ceiling structure. With the small dimensions of the kitchen, it is absolutely necessary to take constructive measures to visually increase such a parameter as the height of the ceilings. Recommended design solutions where regular geometric shapes (from triangles, squares, circles) dominate, or wavy shapes.
- In the living room: the impeccable quality of the work performed should characterize the “face” of the house, which is the living room. Light can be combined with directional and diffused light. The stretch ceiling can be combined with a plaster ceiling. In addition, multi-level ceilings are welcome..
- In the nursery: a multi-level ceiling allows you to delimit the sleeping area from the play area, as well as from the area for classes. Perhaps some work needs to be done to create a fabulous decor..
- In the bedroom: This room is distinguished by no less peculiar design. Again, a combination of a plasterboard ceiling with a stretch ceiling. The whole accent of the design imagination should fall on the area where it is located above the bed. Visual increase in the height of the ceiling in the bedroom, concave ceiling technology can be used, as well as the right lighting.
Ceilings with cheerful and bright patterns are suitable for a children’s room.
To understand better how to do all this, you need to view the photo gallery.
Plasterboard false ceiling design: a combination of appearance and practicality
Ceilings can be shaped to any desired shape. The design is also different in that it cannot be the same everywhere, in every room..
The design of the bedroom should not repeat the design of the living room, and the design of the nursery should not copy the design of the bedroom in any way..
For the harmony of all the listed premises, there must be different constructive and design solutions..
The ceiling in the kitchen must be fire resistant and impervious to high or low temperatures
- Bathroom. First of all, we must not forget that this room is characterized by high humidity, therefore, an exceptionally moisture-resistant gypsum ceiling must be used in order to avoid unwanted deformations that moisture gives. As for the lighting, it should be bright enough..
- Kitchen. Approximately the same requirements as for the bathroom, although it is believed that the hood copes well with humidity in the kitchen..
The project is not some kind of dogma, it is not too rigid a scheme that should be adhered to strictly. It’s just that beauty should also be combined with practicality..
In conclusion, I would like to draw the line under all that has been said. There are quite a few options for using drywall, and with the help of various techniques you can transform your home beyond recognition, of course, for the better, combining various technologies. In addition, you will have a lot of opportunities to change the style of lighting, adding missing aesthetics to it, or even making it fantastically beautiful and intriguing..
How to install a plasterboard ceiling (video)
In a word, after reflection, having studied the photo and video materials, as well as such sources of visual information as a photo gallery, buy all the necessary materials and components, and get down to business. Dare!
Examples of suspended plasterboard ceilings (photo in the interior)