A dresser is not only a stylish piece of furniture, but also a fairly functional thing A dresser is a very necessary piece of furniture in any bedroom. This is a very functional thing, but at the same time it is quite compact. Its main purpose is to store clothes, bed linen and other small items. Previously, chests of drawers were quite bulky and looked pretty monotonous. A modern chest of drawers is a small and stylish piece of furniture that can decorate even the most boring room. Today’s furniture designers present various types of chests of drawers – high and narrow, low and wide, angular, rounded, non-standard shapes. Anyone can choose a chest of drawers according to their needs – inexpensive and unpretentious or chic, but with a high price..
Bedroom wardrobes and dressers
These two pieces of furniture can either complement each other or be independent parts of the interior. If the size of your bedroom allows, you can purchase the entire set in one style – a bed, a chest of drawers, a wardrobe and bedside tables. The wardrobe is the second most important piece of furniture in the bedroom..
The wardrobe looks great in the bedrooms, where you can keep absolutely everything – clothes, bedding and shoes. The wardrobe enhances the style of the room, emphasizes its individuality. A chest of drawers in this case is an addition where you can place all sorts of little things – linen, cosmetics, hairpins and various accessories. It can serve as a dressing table for a woman or as a TV stand.
In a stylish and beautiful bedroom, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers should organically complement each other.
Both of these pieces of furniture have strengths and weaknesses:
- Chests of drawers look compact and cozy, they do not take up much space. Wardrobes – tall and wide enough, but very roomy.
- A dresser, even the largest, is unlikely to be able to accommodate the clothes of your entire family. In this case, the closet is the best solution. In the closet, you can easily place both linen and casual clothes, and neatly hang shirts, dresses and jackets on the hangers. However, be prepared that your bedroom area will decrease with the purchase of a wardrobe..
- The disadvantages of the cabinet are that you can only get to the upper shelves with the help of a stool or a step-ladder, which sometimes creates certain difficulties. In this case, the chest of drawers wins, where it is convenient to store things and it will not be difficult to get them out. And it’s easier to maintain order in a small dresser than in a huge wardrobe..
If you are faced with the problem of choosing – a chest of drawers or a wardrobe, you should take into account all the nuances – the size of the bedroom, the number of things and the style of the room. It is important that the furniture is combined with each other and is made with high quality.
How to choose a dresser in a children’s bedroom
When a child appears in the house, the newly minted parents think about equipping the children’s room, where the child will sleep peacefully, without being distracted by extraneous sounds. In addition to the crib for the baby, you will also need a separate locker where baby clothes, diapers and various little things will be stored. It is desirable that at the same time it is roomy and does not take up much space in the room..
Modern furniture factories are doing everything to make the life of young parents as easy as possible. An original chest of drawers with a swaddler is presented to the attention of moms and dads. The changing chest of drawers is a combination of a roomy chest of drawers for baby clothes and a changing table on top. The wide table top allows you to conveniently position your baby for a diaper change or massage. In addition, when the need for changing is no longer needed, the table can be removed and the chest of drawers will turn into a regular model with drawers for clothes..
A practical chest of drawers should be selected for a children’s bedroom, while taking into account its quality and safety
When choosing a chest of drawers, it is worth considering important points:
- Furniture fittings should be well fixed and not have any flaws that can hurt or catch on.
- Choose a chest of drawers “no frills”. The simpler, the safer. If it is possible to avoid corners and choose a semicircular chest of drawers, this will be ideal for a child’s room..
- When buying, pay attention to the closers in the drawers, they should drive easily and silently.
- The chest of drawers should be made of quality material, preferably natural wood, but not varnished and painted.
- The children’s chest of drawers should not be narrow so that the baby cannot tip it over on himself, pulling out the drawers.
When buying, you should pay attention to the presence of sides at the chest of drawers, this will protect the baby from accidental falling. In addition, the chest of drawers for the nursery must be stable and motionless..
Corner dressers for the bedroom: a great solution for small rooms
As a rule, corners in bedrooms are rarely used, except when a wardrobe or bed is installed against the wall. Many designers agree that with such an arrangement of furniture, more free space is occupied. And if you have a small room, then with such furniture it will become even smaller. A corner chest of drawers in the bedroom is an ideal solution if you want to save space and have a comfortable piece of furniture at your disposal.
Corner chest of drawers will perfectly complement the interior of a small bedroom
Choosing the best chest of drawers for your bedroom, you should focus on the following parameters:
- The style of your bedroom. Agree, it is stupid to purchase a chest of drawers in an oriental style if the bedside tables and bed are made in a classic spirit. It is important that all pieces of furniture are combined with each other..
- Chest dimensions. Depending on the area of the bedroom, corner chests of drawers can be narrow and high, round and pentagonal, triangular or semicircular.
- Functionality. Based on the needs of the customer, corner dressers can serve as a small wardrobe, bedside table, TV stand or dressing table.
Remember: if you choose the right chest of drawers, you can visually change the dimensions of the bedroom and make it more comfortable and stylish..
Narrow dressers in the bedroom
Often times, the size of the room dictates which furniture to buy. When choosing a chest of drawers, you should also pay attention to the height of the ceilings and the dimensions of the bedroom itself. For a spacious room with a high ceiling, you need to choose an overall chest of drawers – wide and low. The depth of the drawers does not exceed 500 mm, the height is limited to 1200 mm.
If the ceilings in the room are low, it is worth choosing a narrow high chest of drawers, which will visually increase the size of the room and take up little space. The width of such chests of drawers is 400-500 mm, the optimal height is 1200 mm, but occasionally you can find a chest of drawers with a height of 1600 mm.
In order to visually expand the space in the room, you can pick up a stylish narrow chest of drawers
Narrow dressers for bedrooms can be:
- Stationary – they are floor-standing, which are installed on the legs, the height is adjustable and no longer move;
- Mobile – a modern chest of drawers that has castors instead of legs. It can be easily moved from place to place.
- Suspended – such chests of drawers can be fixed to the wall at a certain height. of the minuses, one can single out their complete immobility and the difficulty of getting to the upper shelves.
- Attached – as a rule, such dressers are part of a bedroom set and are placed next to a wardrobe or sofa.
When buying a narrow chest of drawers, remember that the drawers in it will be less spacious than a standard chest of drawers. Therefore, calculate what this piece of furniture will be intended for..
Stylish dressers for the bedroom
Everyone has their own vision of a beautiful, stylish chest of drawers that they would like to see in their bedroom. It can be classic chests of drawers from the Rondo series, vintage chests of drawers “Bombay” or modern chests of drawers from the Cleo series. They all have one purpose – storage of things, but they differ in design and material..
For a bedroom in the Art Nouveau style, a small chest of drawers with metal handles is suitable.
The chest of drawers should be combined with the rest of the furniture in the bedroom and with the general look of the bedchamber:
- If your room is equipped in a modern “modern” style, then a chest of drawers with plastic or glass inserts and metal fittings will fit well into such an interior. The color scheme is monochrome, the tones are restrained, the forms are simple but graceful.
- A bedroom made in a medieval rural style, or as it is fashionable to say in the “Provence” style, requires a diligent approach to the choice of furniture. Pale pink, ivory, pale green – these are the colors that prevail in the colors of furniture items in this direction. Provence style chests of drawers are rarely varnished.
- Furniture for the bedroom in the “loft” style is made in antique style. Dressers and wardrobes are presented in the form of deliberately aged wood and massive metal accessories – handles, monograms, legs and other decorative elements.
Before buying a dresser in your bedroom, browse the online catalog of furniture stores, decide on the dimensions and try to visualize this piece of furniture in your bedroom..
How to choose a chest of drawers for things in the bedroom
It often happens that a family room is limited in size, and in addition to a double bed, it is difficult to put a large wardrobe that would not clutter up the bedroom. In this case, an excellent solution would be to purchase a good chest of drawers that will perfectly fit into the interior, take up little space and at the same time will be able to accommodate frequently used items of clothing and bedding. A significant disadvantage of this piece of furniture is the inability to hang clothes.
When choosing a chest of drawers, you should take into account the size and main features of the bedroom
Therefore, when choosing a chest of drawers, you need to be guided by the following characteristics:
- The shape of the chest of drawers – standard rectangular, angular, radius and designer.
- Dimensions – narrow, standard, long. Depending on the size of the room, you need to choose a chest of drawers that suits you..
- Mount – stationary, mobile, wall;
- Decor – chosen depending on the style of the bedroom;
- Materials for production – metal, solid wood, leather, MDF, chipboard;
- Price category.
Advice: you shouldn’t choose a large dresser if you have few items. Of course, any shelves can be filled with all sorts of things, but because of the overall chest of drawers, you will lose free space. Try to choose the optimal furniture based on the parameters of your bedroom.
Should I choose a white dresser for the bedroom
White furniture in the interior has become popular relatively recently. However, even now there are opponents of light furniture, motivating their negative attitude towards it with the impracticality of white. However, in fact, this is a stereotype developed under the old regime that furniture – wardrobes, chest of drawers and cabinets – should be practical and not pretentious. In fact, a white dresser for a bedroom is not uncommon. White color can visually enlarge the room, make it brighter and more comfortable..
White glossy chest of drawers will help to stylishly complement the room
In accordance with the design of the bedroom, you can choose a chest of drawers to your liking. A chic white chest of drawers with twisted legs and decorated with gilding is ideal for classic-style bedrooms. An aged white chest of drawers with curved legs with a minimum of decor is suitable for a bedroom based on Provence. Modern chest of drawers in a minimalist style provides a combination of several colors – dark and white – and metal fittings.
By the way, on dark furniture, dust and stains are seen better than on white. Therefore, if you are thinking of buying a white dresser for the bedroom or not, throw away all doubts. A white chest of drawers will definitely become a bright spot in the room, refresh it and make it more comfortable..
Long dressers for the bedroom
In a one-room apartment, where the living room will serve as a bedroom at the same time, long dressers made in high-tech style will go well. Due to its size, the room will remain as free as possible, and all unnecessary things will perfectly hide in the drawers of the chest of drawers. The length of such a chest of drawers can reach 2 meters with a depth of drawers of 50 cm. The height of long chests of drawers can vary from 1 m to 1.6 m, thus creating an almost complete wardrobe. Low dressers can serve as a stand for TV and other equipment – a music center, DVD player or set-top box.
A long hi-tech dresser is a great option for a one-room apartment
Advice: if you want to buy a long chest of drawers in the room, it is better to make it to order. Think about what drawers and niches you might need. You can place everything in such a chest of drawers, from underwear to cushions for the sofa..
Dresser table in the bedroom: small whims of a modern woman
Every woman would definitely like to have a roomy wardrobe and a dressing table in her bedroom to smarten up in the morning. However, there is no desire to clutter up an already small bedroom. The original solution in this situation is the dressing table – a chest of drawers combined with a mirror. A huge variety of models in furniture showrooms allow you to choose exactly the piece of furniture that fits perfectly into the interior of your bedroom. A chest of drawers with a conventional mirror looks a little cumbersome, but practical. A large enough mirror will allow women to put on makeup, do styling and look at themselves in a full-length mirror in the morning. There are also small tables with a folding mirror, in which only the face can be seen..
For arranging a bedroom, many girls prefer to choose a beautiful chest of drawers with a mirror.
If we consider this type of furniture from a practical point of view, then a chest of drawers with a standard mirror will be much more profitable and more convenient..
How to choose a dresser with drawers in the bedroom (video)
Modern dressers are so diverse and interesting that it is difficult to stop at one of them. Furniture design will bring uniqueness to the interior of the room. Thanks to the competent choice of a chest of drawers, you can put things in order in the bedroom, make it more cozy and comfortable. The choice is yours!
Design of dressers for the bedroom (photo examples)