A walk-in closet in the bedroom is an opportunity to make free space more functional Almost every bedroom has a wardrobe. This is a classic. However, have you ever thought that it would be much more convenient to acquire an entire dressing room inside the bedroom? In fact, the dressing room is an incredibly functional space that can fit almost all things, shoes and even women’s toiletries. How to better equip a dressing room in the bedroom, read on.
Dressing area: the bedroom needs space
The first thing to remember when setting up a dressing room in the bedroom is that the bedroom also needs free space. Therefore, be sure to leave enough space so that the sleeping area is comfortable and free..
If the bedroom is small, then it is better to make an open wardrobe system.
If there is not a lot of space in the bedroom, then use the following methods to create a dressing room:
- Open wardrobe system. In order not to narrow either visually or in reality the space of the bedroom, give up partitions, use only zoning! Beautiful mobile hangers and shelves nailed to the wall will help you easily fit all the necessary things, and decorative boxes and organizers will help create coziness and neatness in the storage system.
- Niche for the closet. The built-in drywall niche will not visually change the dimensions of the bedroom. Install the flaps or sliding doors yourself. In this case, you can design the interior of the dressing room in accordance with your personal needs..
- Glass and mirrors. Eternal relevance in the field of visual expansion of space belongs to mirrors and glass. Make a glass partition for the dressing room or cover the walls and doors with mirrors.
- Folding screen. An open wardrobe system or a mobile clothes rack can be fenced off using a conventional screen. If not needed, it can be easily folded, opening up the space.
Even in a small bedroom, you can create a spacious and comfortable dressing room without much harm to the sleeping area..
How to design a bedroom with a dressing room
Ideas for creating a dressing room in the bedroom are very diverse. Each idea has its own advantages and disadvantages and accordingly suits different interiors, sizes and needs of the owner of the room..
The walk-in closet can be stylishly decorated with mirrored or matte surfaces
The most common and reliable bedroom design ideas with a dressing room:
- The walls of the dressing room can be made the same as in the bedroom. This will visually preserve the integrity of the space. “Hide” the dressing room in an inconspicuous color.
- The walls and entrance to the dressing room may differ from the walls in the room. This option is good if the dressing room is located on the entire wall, and not in the corner. If the dressing room is located along the wall, then an interesting drawing or suitable photo wallpaper will greatly decorate the bedroom..
- Additional storage system. The outer walls of the dressing room can contain shelves or small niches for decorations and books. This will significantly save space, making the dressing room functional from all sides.!
- Glass. Glass is a great option for neat and pedantic people whose wardrobe always looks great. Glass will look amazing in minimalism, hi-tech styles, as well as in some other modern directions..
- Dressing room behind the headboard. Behind the headboard, the storage system can be separated by a narrow partition slightly larger than the bed, or sliding doors can be installed.
- An interesting solution would be the location of the dressing room behind the wall on which the TV hangs in front of the bed..
- Curtain. In a spacious, non-square bedroom, you can hide a wardrobe behind a beautiful curtain.
A bedroom with a wardrobe will look stylish and very beautiful if you correctly approach the choice of materials and the location of the dressing area.
Wardrobe in the bedroom made of plasterboard with your own hands
A creative approach always gives rise to wonderful objects that will delight you for many years with their quality and the warmth of their own production. Plasterboard can be used to build a wonderful dressing room that will meet all your storage needs..
The minimum size of a dressing room is about 1 square meter. Smaller space just doesn’t make sense: it makes it easier to use a regular wardrobe..
A small dressing room in the bedroom can be made independently from drywall
The procedure for making a drywall dressing room:
- Making a drawing. A detailed drawing should include a sketch of a room with pieces of furniture and a dressing room with all shelves and rungs. Such a model will allow you to do the job accurately and beautifully..
- Marks the space. In the bedroom, we make the markup of the future dressing room. We mark the positions of the profiles and the places of their connections.
- We mount the frame. With the help of guides and profiles, we mount the frame of the future dressing room. Already at this stage, you will need to take into account all the positions of the shelves and make fasteners for them on the profiles.
- We cut drywall. In accordance with the resulting frame, cut the drywall for covering the dressing room on both sides.
- We trim the dressing room. Between 2 layers of drywall, you can put a layer of insulation, if there is such a desire or need..
- We provide electricity. Think over all the details of the lighting, because it should be bright, but also not distort colors.
- We mount the door. Choose a suitable door or curtain and insert it into the opening.
Built-in wardrobe in the bedroom
The built-in wardrobe is convenient and practical. There are several rules to help you make the most of your space.!
The advantage of a built-in wardrobe is functionality and practicality.
A few tips for arranging a built-in wardrobe:
- Place seasonal items on the top shelves. Make the size of these shelves in accordance with the number of such things..
- Store shoes underneath so that germs and shoe odors have minimal contact with other garments.
- The middle of the dressing room should contain a lot of hangers..
- The most affordable shelves usually contain essentials..
- Consider storage systems for accessories.
- Remember to install a full-length mirror.
- Create good daylight.
A dressing room created according to the rules will improve the quality of your life.
Large bedroom dressing room: luxury and convenience
For a large bedroom, there is no problem in arranging a dressing room. There are a lot of options for this arrangement. Basically, it all depends on the shape of the room and the style of the interior..
In a large bedroom, it is best to equip a dressing room in the corner of the room.
How to arrange the dressing room:
- In the corner. If the bedrooms are square and large enough, then the dressing room will look original in the corner of the room..
- All over the wall. If the room has a rectangular orientation, then the dressing room can correct its shape and conveniently position it along a shorter wall..
- Semicircle. A dressing room mounted in a semicircle in the corner or on the wall of the bedroom will look luxurious in a modern interior..
- 2 dressing rooms. If 2 people live in the bedroom, then it would be advisable to arrange 2 small symmetrical dressing rooms in the corners of the bedroom or in some other way.
Layout of a bedroom in a large room is easy.
Walk-in closet in a small bedroom
Designing a wardrobe in a small bedroom isn’t easy! However, a competent approach will resolve this issue. There are several nuances that will help make a wardrobe of high quality and does not take up too much space..
Even a small pantry can be stylishly equipped as a dressing room in the bedroom
Ways to make a dressing room in a small bedroom:
- Use the pantry as a dressing room.
- Create a detailed design project for maximum dressing capacity.
- Make the walls of the dressing room incomplete, transparent, or abandon them altogether.
- Louver doors or curtains. Lightweight dressing room doors will facilitate space in a small room..
- Organizers and boxes. You can fit even more things in a small dressing room, use a dense and convenient storage system. Don’t forget to sign where what lies!
- Scenery. To make a small dressing room look organic and not cluttering, decorate it. Designer handmade rugs, pictures of photos and a beautiful frame by the mirror – it is simply impossible to imagine a wardrobe without such beauty!
- Update your wardrobe. To keep your dressing room from feeling stagnant, update it regularly. Things that you do not wear for one reason or another, it is better to remove to the farthest corner, and it is better to get rid of them forever, because getting rid of something, we get a place for something new!
Easy rules will allow you to arrange a mini-wardrobe even on one and a half square meters of space.
Wardrobe-dressing room in the bedroom: photo
In the catalogs of shops-salons for the manufacture and sale of furniture, you will find many options for wardrobes for arranging a dressing room.
If you do not want to think for a long time about independent arrangement of the interior decoration of the dressing room, use ready-made options that have a designer style and proven storage systems.
In the bedroom, you can additionally equip a spacious niche where things and clothes will be stored
What are the wardrobes for dressing rooms:
- Dressing room combined with bathroom. In the dressing room with a bathroom, it is assumed that there is a washing machine, a machine for drying clothes, as well as a system for hanging. This is very convenient, since all items of clothing, both wet and dry, are in one room. Here, the hostess can iron things and process them with a steam cleaner..
- Sets of wardrobes for the dressing room in the living room. Such a kit will have unrivaled style..
- Women’s wardrobes with a storage system for shoes, accessories and toilet items.
- Dressing room for a narrow room. Compact storage systems for small spaces.
- Built-in wardrobe.
- Open wardrobe.
We mount the dressing room in the bedroom (video)
Every person should ponder the hell of a separate dressing room, because it is convenient and beautiful. Some people think that a wardrobe will exhaust all needs, but that is only because they have not tried using a dressing room! Combining a dressing room with any room is not a problem. There are options anyway. A walk-through room, or a separate one – the room will be able to fit a well-located wardrobe, using minimal costs. Create a stylish space with a walk-in wardrobe area!
Examples of bedroom design with a dressing room (interior photo)