Under a stretch ceiling, they usually use cornices of a special type, they are sometimes called flat tires However, this surface finish also has some disadvantages. It is known that such ceiling decoration can visually reduce the height in a room. This becomes especially noticeable after installing the cornice. To enlarge the room, it is recommended to use a curtain rod, the fixing point of which will be the ceiling.
Purpose and combination of curtain rod for curtains with stretch ceiling
The cornice is considered to be special hangers designed for attaching curtains. In the modern world, ceiling fixtures are very popular, which are not limited to hanging curtains and curtains. They are often used to create a ceiling light element..
There are times when the windows are too high, so the ceiling will be the only way out for attaching the cornice..
In any case, after the installation of the stretch ceiling, the final stage of the interior in this process: the installation of the cornice will be
In addition to its functional value, the device can decorate any room, you should only take into account the features of the interior of the room.
This cornice is a profile made of innovative materials that are lightweight and practical. Its fastening does not take much effort, because you can use ordinary polymer glue. Therefore, by choosing a ceiling cornice for decorating the room, you can completely decorate the wall with hanging curtains. Correct decoration of the room will create a unique atmosphere of coziness and comfort in the house. And if there are any defects, it will hide them.
Ceiling cornices and tension ceilings (video)
What are the best cornices for a stretch ceiling
The cornice is considered a necessary attribute in a house where there is a stretch ceiling. Moreover, these structures are usually divided into visible or invisible. The main difference between them is the peculiarities of their attachment..
To install this device, you must attach a special wooden block between the fabric and the ceiling itself.
During installation work, it is required to make special marks to determine the place where the structure will be attached. The mechanism will be noticeable, therefore, before proceeding with its installation, it is important to take into account the peculiarities of the general interior..
The peculiarity of the visible cornice is that it is attached to a support bar hidden under the stretch ceiling
Visible cornice has a number of positive characteristics:
- Product installation is simple.
- The material for its manufacture is varied, which will facilitate the choice of the desired option..
- Curtains and curtains can be of any type.
The cornice received this name because of its invisibility, because the mechanism will not be visible. When looking at the curtains, you will get the impression that they are descending directly from the ceiling.
To achieve this effect, you will need to make a special niche behind the canvas, this is necessary to install an invisible device. Moreover, the fabric will not reach the wall, because it is attached to a pre-attached bar, which is located on the surface of the base.
An invisible cornice is attached to the base of the ceiling, then the stretch ceiling is fixed on the beam
This option is necessary in cases where the installation of the cornice was carried out before the start of work on the installation of the stretch ceiling, and when there was no need to dismantle it.
The advantage of such a device is the ability to use any materials. In addition, due to its inconspicuousness, it is not necessary to decorate it with a special baguette..
Before choosing any of these options, you should consider all the features of the room. Do not forget that the stretch ceiling is designed to decorate a room, therefore, a correctly installed curtain rod is considered an additional element that allows you to create a unique image.
Types of curtains for curtains under a stretch ceiling
Curtain rails are designed for curtain fastening. Such decoration of a room is considered not only one of the main elements of the interior, but tends to visually increase the height of the room..
You should be aware that there are no special curtains for curtains. In fact, the structure is a thin niche, the attachment point of which is a stretch ceiling.
When choosing curtains for curtains under a stretch ceiling, it is important to pay attention to their aesthetic and practical function.
Curtain tires for curtains are:
- Plastic. They are considered to be the most common commodity today. The main advantages over other types are the affordable price and good strength of the material. Such designs for curtains allow for ease of movement..
- Wooden. They are massive and expensive products that are distinguished by their presentability and chic. They are often used in office buildings or homes with high ceilings..
- Aluminum. Such curtains for curtains can be described as durable as well as lightweight designs. It is customary to supplement this option with a variety of decorative overlays..
- Steel curtains for curtains are considered high-strength products. For their decoration, wooden or plastic linings are used. For owners who prefer to use heavy curtains in the interior of the rooms, this option is suitable..
It is best to entrust the installation of curtains for curtains under a stretch ceiling to professionals in order to avoid unnecessary problems.
When choosing curtains for curtains between ceiling or wall ones, one should be guided by individual preferences and the peculiarities of their fastening. But you also need to know that ceiling curtains are most suitable for light tulles and curtains. And for attaching heavy curtains, the use of special wall options is well suited..
How to attach a ceiling cornice to a stretch ceiling
To attach the cornice to the ceiling, you need to have an idea of how to install them..
For the open version, you need:
- Choose a place where you plan to attach the mechanism. To do this, you will need to apply special markings to the ceiling..
- The next step is to attach the profile to the wall..
If you doubt your ability to independently install the ceiling cornice to the stretch ceiling, then contact the experts
- According to the markings indicated in advance, you should start attaching a wooden beam. For installation, dowels are used (they are inserted into the prepared holes), and self-tapping screws. When choosing the width of the timber, one should pay attention to the ability of its complete adjoining to the tension surface.
- Then you need to stretch the canvas and fix it in the profile.
- It remains only through the canvas to fasten the eaves to the pre-installed wooden beam.
It is important to do the job carefully so as not to damage the material. And in the attachment points, you can use polymer rings, they will help to strengthen the mechanism.
To make a hidden installation of the structure you need:
- After purchasing the eaves, it is important to carry out the installation work. For this, the device is mounted on the base ceiling, taking into account the required distance from the wall. This distance determines the size of the future secret niche. For work, you will need dowels and self-tapping screws.
- Leaving a small distance from the outside of the window (a few mm from the eaves itself), you should fix the wooden beam.
- A stretch ceiling, or rather its profile, is attached to the embedded beam. Moreover, the masters recommend fastening from the side of the cornice. Although this procedure is considered more complicated, it can be used to completely hide the structure, allowing you to make the cornice invisible..
Installation of a ceiling cornice to a stretch ceiling (video)
It remains to pull the canvas and fix it on the profile.
So, when choosing a ceiling cornice, it is necessary to take into account the material from which it is made and the features of the fastening of the structure. Indeed, thanks to such mechanisms for curtains, you can decorate a room with heavy curtains or light curtains, while creating a unique atmosphere of coziness and comfort.
Curtain rod and stretch ceiling (photo)